Do guys really feel so laid back?

Obviously not being a guy, I have no idea what goes on in your minds, but when I like someone, they are often on my mind. But my impression is that, guys seem to just take things a day at a time, and appear very laid back about it all. Is that really the case? Or you're all just better at disguising your emotions?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends what we're talking about, here.

If I like a girl, and I mean REALLY like being with someone, then inside, I'm thinking about her, etc (though I try not to). But, I do try not to LIVE by that. And if there's something else to concentrate on, I do my best to focus on that, or busy myself in other ways so that I don't get too infatuated too early. I try to use my brain, and it happens pretty quickly, so I don't act on it.

I may feel things instantly at times, but generally, my brain starts trying to make sure I'm not being too emotional for the situation, and I try not to act on that emotion, at least until I think it's warranted... not acting on it at least until I've thought it through. If I'm in a really bad mood, for example, I usually don't snap at people if they're not the cause of it. And I try to stick to the issue at hand and not let other things I may be mad about interfere with that issue.

I had a few "friends" who did some backstabbing multiple times. Needless to say, they're not my friends any more. I don't like who they are. But I try to keep all arguments "above the belt." Like... "she's lied to me every time she''s talked to me." "I don't like him because he's cheated on several of my female friends." "I don't like how she's always calling her heavy "friends" (even only slightly heavy) "lazy fat asses" in private. I don't bring up physical insults.

I have another "friend," however, who when he's mad about something, say, that a girl did, he'll go on and on... he'll bring up that she's "fat," or she's "ugly" or she's "got zits."

I'm also usually pretty quick to think about possible consequences to possible actions, so I generally try to make sure I'm not doing things I will regret later.

All that tends to help me in the long run, I think.