Women and Pack Mentality?

Have you ever noticed the bullsh*t society spews about being yourself? Yet anytime some shows a hint of straying from set guidelines of acceptability you're labeled a freak, or nerd, or loser. And if you're anything like me you do what want without checking someone else's approval clock and consequentially get labeled an attention seeking prat.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the stuff people say about "being yourself" is bullshit. I think in the long run it works out better. You end up being happier, and when you make friends, you know they're there with you for you, and not a persona you've been projecting. Same goes for relationships. Furthermore, it's a hell of a lot less to maintain. People who aren't themselves have to keep a lie going, they have to second guess things, they have to keep stories and other things straight.

Anyway, that's what I think. I don't exactly disagree though. I just don't think it's bullshit. Let people label you how they will, but I think you'd be a bigger loser if you have to live a lie just to please people.

P.S. - I didn't notice a question in all of this. I am not sure why you posted this, but I would ask you end it with an actual question, otherwise some admin might delete it.

• In the words of bill cosby "Yeah, well what if your real self is an a**hole?"

• "Yes, but what if you're an a**hole?" is the quote, but to answer your question, I say this. If you're an a**hole, then anyone not associating themselves with you, is better off. If they know you to be an a**hole and they're still there, that's on them.