What do you think about "The Secret"?

I don't know a lot about this book or lifestyle or way of thinking. Anybody who's a fan of this and cares to explain to me what it's all about and how it has affected your life? Other people who think it's rubbish, feel free to say why!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a placebo. It leads people to think positively so that they can actually acheive things in their lives. Anyone smart enough to tell that it's a worthless piece of crap, though, it won't effect.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It really worked for me.

A few years ago I did not know what I was doing right but wanted to know what I was doing to have the time of great prosperity. I know what I did wrong, I got married. I married to please God and the moment I married all my blessings disappeared. I married to please God and not sin but now know all the women in my life I was giving value to.

Let me begin. I went to school and before I had my license I had landed a contract worth about a half million dollars. I had no help and no money to complete the project. I had no license. The project was stalled and the day I received my licence was the day the project was released. As I needed things they would appear always at the last minute. At the time I was thanking God for all the blessings. Over the course of the project all needs were being met with precision. Every problem was corrected. We finished the project and I focused on a smaller contract.

I offered my production manager a trip outside the USA we were going to go to Colombia but he kept dragging his feet and I took off alone to Brazil. I had been to Brazil before. Every thing and women I traveled to meet was a fantastic experience. I flew into Rio met a man who would later become one of my best friends. I had set up appointments to meet women at 4 different locations in Brazil at 4 different corners. I would fly in and rent a car. I loved being lost. By this time I knew if I asked I would receive and I began to be cocky. I would pull over and wait for some one to give me directions. Without speaking the language or understand a word they said, I understood them. Long story short every 6-8 weeks I was in Brazil to work and play. I lived in a large luxurious condo on Copa Cabana beach alone. I wish I could show you the photos. I had a maid, front door man and driver for my guest. I had a rent a car.

I can speak of the women which went from good to awesome. I met the pilot to the plane that I normally fly in on. I bought the boys a round of drinks. Now I fly in a hidden coach class where the seats are bigger and more leg room. On my last flight the guy took my special seat and gave me an entire row and the plane was packed, some woman tried to push her kid off on me, I said no stretched out in my seats and went to sleep. Crazy blessed.

Now I lost most everything from being married but now I am back. This time I will ask for more and avoid letting a woman in my life like that. Now at this moment I am sitting on an opportunity which will reap me between $400,000.00 to 9 million by the end of the year. I plan to book the money.

The beautiful thing about my secret life is I have photo, receipts, tickets and tax bills to prove everything I say. Everything bad that happened turn into good results. Since reading the secrete I have learn more. I fell in love and married a woman and we did not speak the same language, wandered the streets of Paris Lost. God is Good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps a lot to keep a positive attitude, but don't count on getting random checks in the mail. I used to think this way when I was much younger, but bad stuff does happen in life, and it puts a damper on the whole thing. Life just isn't that simple.

1|0
    0|0
  • Complete f***ing bullsh*t!

I actually got that movie because of my curiosity of everyone, especially girls talking about it..

There was no plot, no structure, it was a repetitive patchwork of only one idea: "believe and everything is possible" - it's nothing original - the same bullsh*t is the central idea of Christianity, aka 'the power of prayer' but people who got at least half a brain know it's all complete balooney.

The same principle is about horoscopes, when you drill something in your head you start to notice it more.

The truth is that life is chaotic, good things and bad things swirl together in a huge whirlpool, and what is in our control is quite limited but it's enough for our well-being.

When you focus your vision only to the good things and ignore the bad things, you become imbalanced, you think that life now is all-good but it's only what you see, you become blind to bad things, and when you're driving it's good when you see if the road is clear, but if there's an obstacle which would cause fatal result in a case of collision - it would be kinda nice being able to notice it before...

1|0
    1|0
  • It is a franchise invented by failed Australian TV producer Rhonda Byrne that reintroduced a gullible public to a contemporary spiritual philosophy known as the law of attraction - and reintroduced ol Rhonda to some big bucks.

The law of attraction is a cockamamie theory that whatever you think about you will attract into your life. For those who pedal this snake oil, it certainly attacts a lot of dough. For a lot of people, it seems to repel money and attract bookshelves full of poorly written literature and badly produced DVDs/CDs.

Here are a couple well known proponents:

James Arthur Ray - currently incarcerated after two people died at his sweat lodge retreat.

link

Esther Hicks - regularly allows her body to be used as a receptacle for someone/something called Abraham - I guess Woodstock wasn't enough for her (sorry, couldn't resist)

link

0|0
    0|0
    • But, I guess people will be people.

NLP is also a load of bunk not backed by science that many swear by.

• The book, the concept is for gullible. But the followers of the book is no less a gullible than a follower of a religion or to be precise, the believer of god.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't read the book just watch the video it's like exactly the same and even if its just a "placebo" affect it does seem to work.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes