How to handle guys who treat you badly?

I have this very irritating need to point out what a guy has done wrong when they start asking me what they did to deserve a cold shoulder or rude behavior .

They know they didn't treat me well, but they just don't want to take the consequences of it and they didn't see this coming.

Instead of just ignoring these guys, I tend to get myself worked up about the situation, because I don't want them to just move on and act like I'm a drama queen, while I feel hurt.

So how can I best handle this?
Just for the record - these guys do not care about my feelings, being nice and polite likely won't help a bit. They'd just think I'm trying to reconcile.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• You ARE acting like a drama queen. If a guy or anyone else treats you in a disrespectful manner, tell them right then & there. Do not wait & let it fester like a pus-filled sore. They may not know that they did something wrong, especially if you didn't say anything. Giving someone the "silent treatment" or "cold shoulder" is just juvenile and does not accomplish anything. It makes matters worse. Do you really think that it teaches them anything? No! As you said, it only serves to get you worked up & make you look like a drama queen, or I'm sure, they think a b*tch. (I hate that word!)

So next time, speak up for yourself, in the same respectful manner that you want to be treated in, and tell him that you do not appreciate _______, and you do not want that to happen again because it makes you feel ____________. Then just be quiet & listen, wait for them to say something. See if they "get it." They usually do, if you say it calm, cool & directly without accusatory words.

Try it, I think you will get better results & you will be treated the way you want to be treated. Good luck.

• The problem is that this guy just did what he wanted to, without regarding my feelings. He didn't care about how I would feel if he just used me to get his ex back. He doesn't respect my feelings and it wouldn't be of any use to stay polite either, I'd rather show him I'm cross.

Maybe I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, he doesn't care about it anyway. I just makes me feel totally worthless.

• I'm sorry this happened to you. This is the best reason for keeping your cool, you do not want him to see how much he effected you. That gives him power over you, puts him in the drivers seat. You can forget about it & wait until next time something happens & then speak up for yourself. But staying calm gives you the power, letting them know that they didn't effect you & take over. Make sense? I'd let it go, he sounds like a dirt bag for using you. You're better than that.

• Thank you