Do I sound commitment phobic?

I'm 23 and have never had a boyfriend and honestly I don't really want one. Sure I'd like the whole ' I have someone who isn't a relative or close friend who loves me' euphoria that it seems most people walk around with or have experienced. I think it's human nature to want this

But

I feel like yea you date and have relationships to see what works for you but it's kind of a waste of time if marriage is all the reward you get. I don't mean to offended those who are married or really want to get married but I don't see it as a big prize. Kids either.

Sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me for feeling like having a boyfriend is almost like ending all the fun and things getting complicated with jealousies, suspicions and insecurities.

Like I said a part of me does want a relationship but at the same time it's like 'naaah I'm good'. ha ha so does anyone else ever feel this way or am I just weird?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I really want a boyfriend until I think about what you wrote in the third paragraph. There is so much more to starting a relationship than you anticipate, and often it's such a burden it's almost not worth the effort. Plus, a relationship requires that you take into account what another person wants to do. What if I don't want to watch a Phillies game or play golf? That's why being single is so sweet.