If you have a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Are there different solutions to different bad days?

Do you manage your bad day from work in a different way to a general bad day? If so, what do you do?
I had a horrible weekend, been in a huge grump, so reading your answers has helped. Thank you... I'll try and reply when I'm less grumpy. Gwumble gwumble...

19

Most Helpful Guy

• What a delightful question!

There are several things.

This will sound weird, but fruit juices and extracts and ciders etc make me really happy instantaneously. so do puddings and chocolate mud pies. Usually when I'm really depressed I have this ritual that is a series of things that cheer me up.

It begins with a long soothing bath. It's like washing your worries away

I prefer it hot, because it calms you down, I take my time and try to include scented body splashes, bubble baths, and some time to close my eyes and sit.

Then, I wear my fave clothes because I like dressing up a lot and it makes me confident and happy. I grab my shades, plug in my mp3 player, and WALK to some good cafe for dessert or iced mochas etc. Sometimes, I simply go to the store, pick up some drinks and come home to watch a great movie, preferably a light hearted funny one.

I may even read a book. Sometimes I talk to a friend, but generally I dislike dwelling on the bad energy and spreading it onto other people with my 'issues'. Besides I don't like to think of myself as someone who needs help or someone to talk to.

Lastly. I sleep. And I try my best to sleep such that its so full, there is no alarm to wake me up. So when I wake up tomorrow I just tell myself I had the best most relaxing sleep ever and am as good as new :D

This is just me. Half the things sound crazy but they really work.

• Thank you very much for liking the question :) Inspired by a terrifically bad weekend and week for many people!

Ah so comfort food helps you? And pampering yourself? Generally, the life of luxury?

• I mean it's nothing expensive. It's what these little things collectively achieve.