If you have a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Are there different solutions to different bad days?

Do you manage your bad day from work in a different way to a general bad day? If so, what do you do?
Updates:
I had a horrible weekend, been in a huge grump, so reading your answers has helped. Thank you... I'll try and reply when I'm less grumpy. Gwumble gwumble...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What a delightful question!

There are several things.

This will sound weird, but fruit juices and extracts and ciders etc make me really happy instantaneously. so do puddings and chocolate mud pies. Usually when I'm really depressed I have this ritual that is a series of things that cheer me up.

It begins with a long soothing bath. It's like washing your worries away

I prefer it hot, because it calms you down, I take my time and try to include scented body splashes, bubble baths, and some time to close my eyes and sit.

Then, I wear my fave clothes because I like dressing up a lot and it makes me confident and happy. I grab my shades, plug in my mp3 player, and WALK to some good cafe for dessert or iced mochas etc. Sometimes, I simply go to the store, pick up some drinks and come home to watch a great movie, preferably a light hearted funny one.

I may even read a book. Sometimes I talk to a friend, but generally I dislike dwelling on the bad energy and spreading it onto other people with my 'issues'. Besides I don't like to think of myself as someone who needs help or someone to talk to.

Lastly. I sleep. And I try my best to sleep such that its so full, there is no alarm to wake me up. So when I wake up tomorrow I just tell myself I had the best most relaxing sleep ever and am as good as new :D

This is just me. Half the things sound crazy but they really work.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you very much for liking the question :) Inspired by a terrifically bad weekend and week for many people!

Ah so comfort food helps you? And pampering yourself? Generally, the life of luxury?

• I mean it's nothing expensive. It's what these little things collectively achieve.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• as I guy I play games or play the guitar after a bad day But I think girls should talk to someone when there having a bad day, someone that can listen and understand and encourage you:) like a good girlfriend etc:D

0|1
    0|0
    • I do these things as well. But when I'm very very angry I'm scared of breaking a string!

I do try and vent it out with my girlfriends, but one of them her grandma died yesterday (so not a great time to vent at her haha) and the other has been working night shifts :/

• I smile at pretty girls, and try to see how many of them smile back. Then I congratulate myself that such a high percentage did.

Maybe that won't work for a really bad day, but for mildly bad ones, this never fails.

0|0
    1|0
  • I turn on the worship music and start dancing to God and singing to my sweet Lord.

I write poetry/love notes to Him, I talk to Him.

I read His Word and pray.

I talk to my mom and grandma, or best friend, they always have something good to say.

(yes, I am weird and it's okay ;) )

0|0
    0|0
  • I watch Pewdiepie or fail videos,

or talk to my lovely girl :P

1|0
    0|0
    • Seriously though, if you want to laugh A LOT watch pewdie

• I've never seen it, what's it about?

• He's just a guy that plays video games and over reacts, <3 he is so cool

• I sleep it off if alone or spend all the time with the woman I love (she's not around anymore) and dote over my daughter

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you have your daughter

• ha ha daughter doesn't stay with me but with my wife (we are separated). I sleep it off :)

• Well listen to music do things that make you happy talk to your friends go shopping most importantly read the bible. Watch TV play games just have fun! Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • take pain meds left over from shoulder surgeries LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • jack off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might pour out a triple of JackD and club soda and listen to some loud old Zep and Hendrix and let them pour over me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes