Borderline between self respect and just not caring?

So, I just asked a question related to something different but I mentioned a part where a guy touched my chest area. If you read it, you most likely know what I'm talking about. Anywho, I've been thinking and whilst having self-respect, is not only good and you're protecting yourself morally and also physically. I've been having trouble defying the two because recently a guy acquaintance that I know, randomly touched my boob being the fact that I touched his chest. Long story short, while I know having self respect generally the case, which I do in every situation and I try not to put myself out their in a provocative way, I honestly didn't have a problem with him doing that. Now, I've spoken to a few friends about the situation and their more mad at the fact that he could do "such a thing" than I am. I feel, "weird". Like I'm supposed to be mad or care, but I really didn't mind that he touched me. Obviously if it was some random guy I didn't know I'd have a problem with it, but because I know him on a mutual level it was OK. Again I do have self-respect but I don't feel like any lines were crossed. What do you think? Differentiate the two maybe?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It is neither. Consider: Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy.

Everyone has a set, and you're sort of locked into that set, as much as you need a set. My set is mostly composed of addicts and deviants. Touching your friends breasts isn't uncommon here, in my set. In your set, it is - it's a big deal. And, you don't see why, and you don't agree. And you don't MIND if your friend touches your breasts, he's your friend and it's fine and you're comfortable. And your set puts upon you that there is no class to you, and you've got this dissonance. Everyone thinks I am this, but I think I am this. What you must do is withdraw from the ideas of the set and develop your own position. This is not a regression, this isn't falling into apathy, and this isn't losing all self-respect. Quite the reserve - taking your own unique position is the height of self-respect. Do this in all things, not just your Boob-Territory arrangements.

Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy. [smile]