Obese kids gone Rampant in USA!

Should parents/guardians of obese kids be penalized? (20lbs & up overweight, which is being lenient)
  • YES!
  • NO!
  • Tough call, not sure where I stand on this
    Vote C

1011

Most Helpful Girl

• its a form of child abuse so yes I think there should be some kind of punishment, I don't understand that parents are protective of their kids in so many ways but feeding them to an early grave and life of diabetes isn't something that something they protect them against. I understand healthy food is expensive and a lot of people complain they can't afford it, bullsh*t a healthy veggie noodle soup cost like 6 bucks to make and it will last for days yet they insist on putting 5 bags of cheetos in their cart instead. I think it isn't so much about the money as everyone says I think its more about getting take away is quicker and you don't have to cook.

And kids do too little these days, I understand an activity or sport is expensive but its the best for the kid feel that they are good at something and a place to stay active and socialize. But the fatter a kid get the less they are going to move cause joints will hurt and they will be out of breath and that won't happen when you sit in front of the TV playing video games.

My dad was very strict when it came to food, he put the steamed broccoli on your plate and if you fussed about it and didn't eat it you wouldn't get any dessert. We ate it cuse no one could pass on the peach pie. But I was the only kid I'm my class that love veggies after being used to it as a kid. I'm still haven't met someone that can enjoy a sallad for dinner. So I think my dad did a good think eventhough he blackmailed us with peach pie.