I have been having mild panic attacks, which I think are caused by my first big one. Could counciling help?

When I was about 17 I has marijuana with friends every now and then. One time at a party, I had more than usual. This lead to a panic attack where I was convinced I was dying.

I was a bit traumatized after that and even seeing a picture of a leaf that looked like marijuana scared me.

I am now 24 and for the last few years I have been waking up with pins and needles all over my body, which reminds me of the panic attack and scares me. I think I am waking up with a mild anxiety attack that leads to the pins and needles.

I know all of this was really stupid. I completely regret having the marijuana, it's a disgusting thing and has ruined me.

I don't like the idea of anti-depressants because of all their side effects so have started taking St. John's Wort to see if that will help. However, I am considering counseling but am unsure of how this could help.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt these attacks relate that closely to the marijuana episode. The sooner you talk with a professional, the quicker you can overcome them by finding their root cause. Don't delay, these symptoms will oly get worse.