Is "social anxiety" common?

"Social anxiety is a feeling of discomfort, fear, or worry that is centered on our interactions with other people and involves a concern with being judged negatively, evaluated, or looked down upon by others. While it can often happen during the social exchange itself, it may also pop up in anticipation of a social occasion, or afterward when we review our performance in a given situation."

I have always had that. I assumed it was normal. Do you get this?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• I get that all the time.

I think there is a fine line with concern and total preoccupation and obsession/worry about things/

Its one thing to wonder what someone else is going to think, its another to obsess that "they think I am so stupid, god I am so stupid why am I doing this? Everyone is watching me. Everyone is laughing at me on the inside. Those people over there? they are talking about me, Those people know what they are doing and are perfect." etc.