Where/how did you meet your significant other?

Where and how did you meet your significant other (boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband)?

And is it true as they say, you met them when you least expected it and weren't looking for someone?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Met him in HS. I liked a friend on his, and never really cared about him. One day I got a bit drunk and started talking to him at a party, hoping he'd be the connection to his friend that I liked. However we exchanged MSN and began chatting online and I recall him being extremely funny to talk to. When he began to like me, I walked away because I didn't want my chances spoiled with his friend. We stopped talking for seven years, until I bumped into him on Facebook.

I didn't even think he'd remember me, but he did. We met a week later to catch up and it went amazing. I broke up with the guy I was dating after I came home from that date with him. we've been together since then. :) one year and four months later.

1|2
    0|0
    • you broke up with your boyfriend after ONE date with this guy? hahaha musta been a really good date

• Yeah. The best! That time we met after 7 years of absence, he gave me a carnation, out of the blue. To this day, that's our flower.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I met my ex at a Junior Farmers dance, the details are kind of hazy but he ended up eating dinner with me and I joked that I needed his protection. I most definitely was not looking at the time, guys were the last thing on my mind that night, all I wanted was to have fun.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was on a family vacation and he was the only kid there near my age (14 at the time) and we were both swimming in the ocean, but not together just coincidentally. Then a wave decided it was time for me to crash into his face and that's how we met.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually met my SO online. I thought he was cute and kept checking out his profile, but I was too shy to send a message. One day he messaged me noting that I kept looking at his profile :P We started messaging back and forth and about a month later we met up.

The date went incredibly well, I felt so relaxed with him, I wasn't nervous at all. And to this day we are still together and have been for almost 2 years.

1|1
    0|0
  • We met when we were 5. His brothers and my sisters are the same age so our families have always been close. We went to school together up until 6th grade and I didn't see him for like 7 years. Then back in 2010 we saw each other in the mall, a month later he messaged me on Facebook and we've been talking ever since =)

1|2
    0|0
  • I met him when we were both helping out a friend on a project.

And I agree with that statement. Not that I have ever gone out looking for someone, but right before I met him I had actually decided it was best that I not be in a relationship for my last year of school but then he showed up and that all went out the window.

0|1
    0|0
  • I meant my boyfriend ( but we are taking a break so I guess ex) I meant him in the lunch line in school he bought me my lunch that day

0|2
    0|0
  • I met him through school. I wouldn't say I was interested in him initially, but eventually I began to take an interest in him. It was unexpected. But looking back today, I'm so happy that I did.

1|1
    0|0
  • In the mountains.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes