Why do people call the cops for everything in this day and age?

and why do the police not worry about REAL crimes?

I have had people actually report me to the police because they did not want me sending them Facebook messages, or emails.

I did not threaten them, or use abusive language that could make them feel threatened, I simply told them that the way they had treated me was wrong.

and I actually had cops threaten me with "arresting me for harassment" over this.

So why are people so cruel and why do the police actually go along with that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• hahah what? that's insane, people takes Facebook way to serious, why didn't they just tell you stop sending me messages or block you? I had a friend who called someone d***head or something and he was reported to fb and they cancel his account. but your story was more messed up, and the weird thing is that the cops arrested you. did you show them the messages?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, they did not arrest me. They THREATENED to do it if I contacted this person again.

• ohhh yea you wrote that ha ha sorry, well its still strange that they even gave you a warn, I would think they would take a look at the messages before they deside what to do

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You might be underestimating the meaning of your messages, or their frequency.

Usually cops are not going to do anything if they don't feel there is something to be done.

Facebook is like the telephone, except you can't change your number.

Anyway, if you have something to tell to someone, say it in one message and once you have stated your point, let it go. There is no use to want to be right and to convince people they were wrong by talking them into it.

2|1
    0|1
    • Francois Hollande sucks.

• Show All
    • FAIL

HAIL THE NATIONAL FRONT!

• Nah. All glory to the hypnotoad !

If you're just here to troll, let's stop here.

• I think in your case it's because it was over the internet. There have been massive problems with cyber bullying that have been detrimental, so I'm assuming that if they see any potential in an online situation escalating to something larger, they will deal with it to make sure it doesn't happen.

0|0
    0|2
  • People think because it is the Internet they are entitled to say and do as they please. You must have said something you are leaving out because if in fact you only said that you would not have been reported. I have once had people make fake online accounts of me and try to troll online but in the end these people are stupid so I don't really care

0|0
    0|2
    • No, it wasn't that. It was ranting about how they treated me, but that's it

• I don't know. Seems crazy, all you have to do is block someone's email, messenger id, or phone number. Going to the police over something like is over reacting. It's generally a retaliatory action by immature girls that can't solve their own problems and want to inflict pain on someone they feel wronged them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't say it was right. You asked 'why'..so I gave you an idea as to maybe 'why' this happened. Don't mean I agree with how they handled it but maybe that's what was on their minds.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the police threatened you with arrest, I'd say you're probably minimizing your part in this.

0|0
    1|2
  • because people are soft now a days and needs to hide behind

police and don't have the balls to say anything...

0|1
    0|0
  • Because everyone is too uptight about simple things.

0|0
    0|0
  • lmfao that's stupid! they can just block u! wow

0|1
    0|0
  • When people get scared it's one of the first places they think to call.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably cause people now a days don't have the dignity and courage to protect themselves I guess. either that or maybe the law has interfered with our freedom to defend and protect ourselfs so much till the point we have forgotten that ability to take these types of actions, till the point the cops have to do everything for us. it is insane I'm telling you

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they do worry about real crimes, but it has to be an extreme crime to make them really do something about it. That's considered harrassment though...but people are crazy too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes