Do you think it's normal to feel 'hated' by someone who barely knows you?

*curiosity, not to be taken serious*

Do you think it's normal to feel 'hated' by someone who barely knows you, or if not 'hated' but feel an unwillingness to try by said person.

Obviously thinking of someone in particular that appears to have an unjustified attitude with me when out with are mutual friends.

Logically you can't please everyone but is it just that, as I barely know her yet feel either she fancies me in a weird way or literally hates my guts (second option more viable), but there isn't a valid reason for this IMO.

Curious to know if anyone out there has a similar experience or thoughts?

Updates:
I'm obviously asking this question as I do find her attractive but also do find her attitude or 'apparent shyness' (according to some comments below) to be quite disheartening.

She always seems to have an attitude with me when I try and engage with her on a social level, whereas her 'besties' couldn't be any nicer to me - normal effectively.

Ironically, she is great friends with a few of my friends. I'm a friendly guy so I'm just hoping someone could enlighten me about her chip? Ideas?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not normal, but there are people out there who hate people they don't even know. They think they know them but all they see is how they act sometimes so they form a superficial opinion about them which most of the time isn't right.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• yes, cause some can hate you cause they are racists, some can hate cause the are jealous others hate cause they are close minded and don't like your style, maybe they hate people with tattoo, goths or someone in an interacial relationship. And people don't have to know you to be able to make a judgement of you doesn't matter is it a correct one or not

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a pity but it's 'normal' : you can be hated for a lot of dumb reasons, like color of skin, descent, (lack of) religion or just plain jealousy & envy.

Nothing new, it happened 200 years or 5000 years ago too.

NO, it should not be 'normal', but that's another question.

0|0
    0|0
  • She probally wants you to notice her but you pay more attention to your friends then to her and this proablly makes her mad a lot of times when a women is trying to get a mans attention all they want is a smile so that they can feel pretty women like attention from the boy they like and if they aren't getting it from you they will get angry or feel as though you don't like them at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have this problem occasionally because I'm shy. Some people automatically assume I'm stuck up or b*tchy because I'm quiet. Rather than try to get to know me, they give me looks like I did something evil to them, when really they're just judging me before getting to know me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have met some people who just outright don't like me or express pure dislike, but at the same time it is unjustified. It happens, but I laugh it off bcoz they absolutely have had zero interraction with me for it to be legit

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi there! :)

Aww absolutely yes. I've felt that way a couple of times---feeling hated by someone who doesn't even know me. And then I began jumping to conclusions that someone has told him mean things about me, or he is presuming things about me. And I also started thinking of what's wrong with him and myself. :))

Try to approach her or see if she acts that way to everyone. :) If she does, then let her be because that's really her personality without exceptions of people. :) If she seemed to be mean only to you, try approaching her first and know her as well. If she seemed to dislike you even you've already approach her, then don't bother about her. :) She'll just make you feel bad and seemed out of place. ;) Don't judge her, but also stop caring about her. ;)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes