Girls, do you like sensitive guys?

as above ,do you think a guy should be sensitive ? and sensitive guys can understand you more ? do you like them ? explain lol ^_^

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls do like sensitive guys overall.

"Sensitive", as in they can (to the best a male possibly can) understand females' emotional complications and be patient and caring enough to "work" with them in these moments and try to help any way they can.

I've naturally gotten along with females my entire life. The trap that us males tend to fall into (myself included), is the trap of wanting to "fix" and "solve" a girl's problems.

Most of the time, all she wants is:

* a listening ear

* you, to physically / emotionally lean on

* your sincere compassion

--------

A girl's dream man is to be able to do this and be manly enough in looks and personality, to physically attract her on that primal flesh level.

Unfortunately most females feel they have to choose between the manly traits, or the sensitivity.

This imo is why the common phenomenon of a girl having both the "emotionally unavailable boyfriend that is manly" and the "platonic male shoulder to cry on for emotional support"...occurs.

If these two guys can fuse (like Trunks and Goten in Dragonball Z)...he'd be absolutely irresistible to women!

------

Unfortunately most dudes fall to either extreme of this "manly" vs "sensitive" matrix.

Most dudes choose to be heavy on the "manly" side, because although he can't KEEP a girl, at least he's getting laid. Sad but true.

0|3
    0|0
    • You're a very wise man :) I agree with you 100%. All I have to add, is the reason why I'd want a guy who fits the three points rather that trying to 'fix' or 'solve' the problem, is because: First, I need to deal with the problem emotionally (as in requiring the three points). Afterwards, I can be fully capable of dealing the problem on my own, or if I need the help I'd ask for it. So when a guy tries to fix it himself it feels like someone is taking the situation out of my hands, or makes it appear that I can't handle it myself. If I try to stuff the emotional part and go straight to trying to fix the situation (as guys would do), I'd find myself still mourning over the situation even long after it has been dealt with, because I have to deal with the emotional part before moving on.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hii. :) Girls usually prefer a sensitive guy rather than an insensitive guy. :) Someone who is aware of his words and actions before speaking or doing it. :) Someone who would think before acting if he would hurt someone. Someone who can understand our problems, worries, and habits. :) Someone who is easy to go along with but in a sensible way. :) Someone who has a common sense. :D

1|4
    0|0
  • Absolutely! I feel more comfortable around sensitive guys. I like it when a guy can be sensitive, vulnerable, etc. I know it is uncommon and difficult for men to take down their macho-ness and be sensitive so I really appreciate when they do. And and it can be really romantic too.

So, yes, I love it when men are sensitive!

0|3
    0|0
  • it depends what you mean with sensitive crying when he watches the notebook, hell no. Crying at a funeral yes. I'm not a very sensitive person myself so I want someone that's the same.

0|2
    0|1
  • I don't like it when guys are sensitive and moody. but I like them to be in touch with their emotions, so that he's not a complete rock and can be there for emotional support when needed lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of us girls are sensitive, and its nice to

have man that understand you completly.

0|4
    0|0
  • Yes. Not over sensitive and feminine but a nice sensitive guy. The whole insensitive manly attitude is highly overrated and is an excuse to be an a**hole.

0|2
    0|0
  • Sure... but if he's more sensitive than I am, then I don't like that as much...

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah I like sensitive guys cause he can understand me more and we might be more similar than not...so its a good thing to me, we can be very emotional together...

0|1
    0|0
  • I like a guy who CAN BE sensitive and emotionally understanding. But if he's too sensitive, it's just going to get frustrating and annoying.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes definitely. Some guys get so caught up in asserting their masculinity and seeming all tough and macho and while the idea that a guy can protect you is attractive, someone who simply grunts and acts with the emotional intelligence of a rock doesn't really do it for any girl. Personally I wouldn't date an insensitive guy, because he probably won't care that much about if you are feeling happy within the relationship. Being sweet and caring will in no way make you less of a man, in fact if anything it makes you more of one in our eyes.

0|3
    0|0
  • It doesn't really matter to me. Although someone with no sensitivity whatsoever is not appealing.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like sensitive guys, I definitely think they understand me more.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes! But overly sensitive is annoying, even on girls!

0|1
    0|0
  • sensitive yes a bitch no

1|2
    0|0
  • yes totally

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont they are nice but i dont need that

0|1
    0|0
  • How sensitive are we talking here?

My boyfriend is pretty sensitive, but not over the top, cry in sad movies, burst out in tears during fights, buy me roses every second of the day, mushy sensitive.

I like a guy who is masculine and confident and driven but knows how to be soft and mushy at the right times. Which, for me, aren't all that often.

As long as he treats me, for lack of a better term, like a princess, both when we're alone and out in public...especially in front of his friends, then I'm happy.

As long as he understands that when I get upset, it's over something serious and he should handle it as such, then I'm good to go.

But if he's too big of a baby all the time, then no, I'll get sick of him real fast.

0|1
    0|0
  • im sure there are girls who do like that, especially bad girls or loud personality types, since opposites attract they would like a nice sensitive guy like you to kind of balance them out, but I'm already nice and sensitive myself, so I prefer my guy to be tough and strong minded so he can hold me together and inspire me to be strong as well. its really all about chemistry and what you want in a partner and what they can teach u, or balance you out.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes not sensitive as in they cry all the time but I am sensitive and I like a guy who is tough but sensitive, don't know if that makes sense but I know it when isee it type of thing. because I dateda guy like this he was dominant but also sensitive so he could connect with me emotionally, very well.

0|1
    0|0
  • nah they don't. we're too serious, emotional and committed for most girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do not like sensitive guys, I feel like I'm pretty sensitive so if we are both sensitive and moody it just wouldn't work out.

1|1
    0|0
  • Define "sensitive." If being with him feels like tiptoeing because he's just too easy to upset, then no, not really - I'd be apprehensive about that with regular friends as well. But I like a guy who's emotionally intelligent and able to share his feelings. Communication is too important for one partner to be emotionally inaccessible, and I'd want him to understand how I feel.

1|5
    0|0
  • Any guy who's been through the h*ll I've been through in this past year would be sensitive. I know that much.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes