Do you think adults are no different from teenagers?!

So when I was younger I thought that once a person becomes an adult they are mature, and they don't gossip, or bully people, or have all the drama, but I feel like when I work with my older coworkers its like being in high school. I thought people were supposed to grow up ;)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmao, not at all. People's attitudes and personalities don't change much from their younger years, that pretty much stays the same their entire life.

The only thing that you're gonna get once your an adult are more financial responsibilities and learning how to take care of yourself and your family if you have one, they'll just become an extension of your personality.

Emotionally and competitiveness people don't change much. If your a jerk growing up, most likely you'll be one later in life or have a midlife crisis seeking why your like that and why no one likes you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I also used to think grown ups are... well grown up but realized that even they still have some "high school" stuff going on. My parents are almost 60 and you'd be surprised at the backstabbing that goes on in my moms friend circle and the whole status thing where it's "who's child is better" and "I'm richer than you", that kind of stuff. It's quite sad. I've also been shocked to see what they talk about ... kinky stuff :P

1|1
    0|0
    • Im sure in their 60years they have done lots of kinky stuff ;P

• No, they are still the same. Age and maturity got little to no correlation. That "only teenagers are immature" and "adults eventually grow up" thing is just a myth - very, very popular and widespread but still a myth and not truth.

If you are mature it already shows in very early age, if you are not.. then you never will be.

1|1
    0|0
    • I've been told that I am mature(for whatever age I am at)

• There's a chemical change. You process emotions differently, perceive differently. But it's a very gradual process, akin to puberty. Coming-of-Age. Perhaps an Alchemical change... Either way, yeah. But, that's straight biology. No spirit in it. I'm not a real adult yet, I'm a late adolescent. I can't be taxed with answering this question.

0|1
    0|0
  • According to society we're supposedly an adult at 18. We don't look sound or even act like adults till we are 30 for the most part

0|1
    0|1
    • you still have a high pitched voice? ;)

• Haha :). No but I mean it changes a final time when you reach 30

• I know so many adults in their late 20s, early 30s, that still act like they're in f***ing high school. It's ridiculous.

0|2
    0|0
  • When I was in high school, one of my teachers told me that being a teacher is just exactly the same as being in high school all over again. You have the popular teachers and the not so popular ones, and who sits with who at lunch and so and so forth. Everything is exactly the same, it just moves along with age. That's not to say some people do mature and behave as one should as adults.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is embarrassing to actually see people my age and older act like they still belong in high school. Sadly some people for what ever reason never really grow up. All you can do is be yourself and be .the better person.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a sad eye opener isn't it? I still deal with it today involved in booster clubs with sports and it's not the men it's still the women just like always. it's ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got bad news for you...some adults NEVER grow up...lol...I think I am qualified to answer your Question? lolololol

2|2
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. I knew some kids in high school who didn't act like they were teenagers, but my grandmother still acts like she's in high school most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most don't change much beyond that point. Some do.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, there's defiantly a difference- unfortunutly it isn't in the form of instant maturity.

Its more that a teenager can still grow out of it, but an adult is more likely to be a jerk for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • What industry are you working in?

I've worked in the white collar, blue collar, service, and retail industries - they all are different from each other in various ways. One blue collar was a manufacturing plant where I felt like I was in high school again because of the way the general employee population acted. It was a strange, new experience for me. None of my other previous positions had people acted so immaturely. I find that white collar is definitely more sophisticated than the others.

0|0
    0|0
  • CHildren stick their fingers in sands, adults stick their fingers in other adults body parts... that's pretty mucht he only differnce I can think of

0|0
    0|0
    • Just saying, I was sticking my fingers in girls' body parts long before I reached adulthood.

• Nobody truly grows up but people learn and mature from experience and age. Many people mature slowly or not at all due to many reasons like drug use, being spoiled by parents, being abused, biological issues and genetics. Usually when people grow out of their teenage years egocentrism will dissipate and they become part of society instead of society revolving around them. People tend to start to become more considerate but more careful and take less risks in older age. This is true for the majority of the population but obviously not all.

1|1
    0|0
  • You thought wrong. People don't change once they hit their teen years. They might be forced to abstain from behavior with consequences, but that's it. Same as when you're in high school, it's just that the consequences change. When you're in high school bullying might happen because a kid sometimes has no recourse other than physically fighting back. When you're an adult, you can sue somebody, or in the worst case scenario shoot them in the face and call self defense; these crazy stand your ground laws are making that easier.

1|0
    0|0
  • there's always going to be a Peter Pan in all of us.

i got bullied by two full grown males at work. they both called me names and I reported one of them to their manager. and had the nerve to confront me after. but I stood my ground and told me to better get out of my way at all costs because the next time I'm reporting to HR. and the other I confronted him myself and told him the same. these two fools think they rule the place. I'm 5 ft and theyre both 6 ft. since then, they have gotten out of my way whenever they see me pass by. lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes