At what age did your parents give you a copy of their key to have to go into the house?

I am pretty old and my parents refuse to give me a key to their house

so I feel as if that adds to the poor relationship I have with them already.

they do not trust me with a house key

yet ask me to help pay their bills and gas etc.

How would you feel if your parents never gave you a house key because they accuse you of losing things too often?

yet they complain if you come in after dark that they have to wake up to open the door?

I honestly never want to be home because I don't agree with other things they claim about myself either

75

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably like 9 or 10. My mom wasn't always off work yet by the time I got home from school [whether I took the bus or walked with someone], so it became necessary. I've had at least one key for each different lock [my mom's house now needs a different key for both sets of doorknobs AND deadbolts] everywhere we've lived since then. I probably still will even when I don't live there, like I still did for the like 8 months I lived with my ex in our own place. I'm back with mom for the moment though, so of course I have keys.