Do you always have to have the last word in an argument?

When you get into a heated argument or debate do you have to have the last word?

Why?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to kind of still do though and I don't know it just seems like empowering to me at least against the people I'm arguing with. If I'm like really heated up though I won't let it go but I need to lol I know it's annoying tho those around me but at that moment I just don't care.i keep going and going I just got to much damn pride to let something go so easily.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. I like everyone to be happy, so I tend to avoid arguments. But if I happen to find myself in one, I will generally just let the other person win, unless it is something important or obvious that they should know. There really is no point in getting upset with someone else over something small.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol at times I am very competitive but if the other person has stronger points there's not much I can do about it, I know how to back off when things start getting very heated for the most part I can see everyone's point of view I just want others to at least acknowledge that what I am saying is worth taking into account

0|0
    0|0
  • I love arguments specially when I win but no ...If the other person has a point and they he\she is right then I'll will apologize and move on with embarrassment or just laugh and say still worth it and start an other argument!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes - not in a nasty way...

I rarely argue but if it gets to a point where I have engaged in an argument, chances are, I'm pretty peeved. I do it because I want to be understood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, sometimes the person is just SO stupid, that I just ignore them after a while, no point in waisting my time with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I want to have the most solid punch (metaphorically, not literally). A person could easily try to keep it going just so they're heard last, but that doesn't mean for a second that they've "won" simply because they got in before the buzzer or talked the loudest.

The importance is in the substance of what you speak, not how much you speak, how loud you speak, how often you speak, if it SOUNDS like you're saying something, and the list goes on...

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"--Abraham Lincoln

0|0
    0|0
  • if I don't get out what I say than yes... if I say how I feel than no I just say what I want and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I like the other person having the last word , then me just leaving.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion silence is the best remedy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if its my sister I'm fighting with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once I've said what I wanted to say and made my point, I tend not to repeat myself. Sometimes silence IS the last word, and the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly at most times. It is a downfall of mine and it is pathetic

0|0
    0|0
  • I always let my girlfriend think she's going to win. I let her get really angry and emotional, and I say nothing. It tends to drive girls crazy. After they realize what an emotional mess they look like when they scream, then I say "are you done"? calmly. That's my last word is to not give into childish screaming and crying. Girls can only let you win if you let them get to you emotionally. Don't give into emotional terrorism if your girl is that type.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because I'd feel rude if I didn't respond to them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes