Why is it that you can tell when someone likes someone else?

Why is it that you can tell when someone likes someone else, but you can't tell when someone likes you? Not in all cases, but a lot of the times this is the case. And this has baffled me.

89

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we are on the outside looking in; at that point it is utterly obvious, as is pretty much any situation we aren't involved in.

When it's ourselves, I do believe we get a sense when someone likes us, but most times we aren't sure. We are insecure and have doubts, we somewhat ignore it, or are afraid to pursue it.