My boyfriend cuts himself and takes like 10 advil when he's not fealing good

dose and ont have any advice on what I should do he cuts himself and just did not that long ago and he had to get 15 stiches I ask him to talk to me and he won't explain why he dose it then when he doesn't feal good he takes tons of pills to feal better he drinks sometimes but he will say I need to drink and he will run out of the house and go grab a micky and drink the whouls thing even be4 breakfast I really need someones help on how to aproch this he will be 30 next March do I tell his parents he said he will only go to councleing if he's drunk he thinks this is the only way that he can talk to people what do I do I need help

10