What is this song about?

What do you think this song is about?

link

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From the music video. It's about how he sees a death. it makes him wonder about his own. and then he thinks about the death of a loved one. And it makes him realize that someone loved the dead person. Just like he loved the one who might die. Then he questions his own death. When it will come.

Then the prestige moment is he realizes he and other people are an inch from death every moment. He tries to warn himself but he still forgets regularly what his life means. He also wonders if his heartache and fear of death can be countered. Knowing the band leader's philosophy. I'm pretty sure the line "healing in your name" refers to the Christian God.

he's noting that God is his only protection from death. And the only source of healing

0|0
    0|0
    • What does prestige moment mean? I've never heard that term before.

• It comes from show biz. When you have the "hook" the "Sell" and the "Prestige"

In magic it goes like this Hook=I'm going to do a trick Sell=I have an ordinary handkerchief and I will make it disappear Prestige= Ta-DAAA. It's gone

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Originally, he had wanted to write a song about the loss of his father, but instead went with a more universal theme of lost love.[1] After singing the lyrics, he decided that he liked how sad the song sounded, when Robson suggested that it be recorded in a higher key to sound more emotional.

link

0|1
    0|0
  • The singer says that no matter what the situation presented to him no matter how hard no matter how many hardships he has to go through, he still has faith in god and is holding onto god's name - the faith by which he survives and is sure to see light someday

0|0
    0|0
  • A broken heart from the one that got away I suppose...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes