Guys: what would you do if a girl whistled/hollered at you?

I see so many guys honking at girls, hollering stuff and whistling trying to get the girls attention but its really more annoying than anything. So guys what would you do if some girls honked, hollered or whistled at you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's happened to me a couple of times, I usually just smile, wave, and go about my day.

If I wasn't in a relationship every single time it had happened, I might have gone over and talked to her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can never take girls seriously when they act like that around me. Most of the time they're really just making fun of you. There's never been a situation where I felt comfortable with it, let alone flattered. I know in the back of my mind that they're just baiting me to try to embarrass me in public. I simply don't bite and walk away.

If a guy was to do the same, he'd be arrested for sexual harassment. Look at it that way.

2|2
    0|0
    • Ive hollered at guys before and so have my girls who thought they were attractive. Some girls like to joke around but some might mean it

• There's still a hypocrisy to it. I can't do it because if a girl complained I could lose my job and possibly my freedom. Why should girls be allowed to do the same?

• sexism is alive and real in society. I don't think its right one bit but people have it keep going than it will. I do believe there should be a stop to it

• If a girl did that to me, I would assume it was intended for someone else. Perhaps someone behind, past, or close to me. If I was the only one around I would assume she was making fun of me. Says a lot about my ego huh?

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you should boost your confidence. That might help. I'm sure you are fine the way you are :)

• Ehh... I'm handsome, but I'm not hot. I don't stand out like that. My body isn't that great. I'm "alright".

• Well since its never happened to me before (and probably never will), I would likely be flattered. Girls are rarely that direct, and if there was a girl that direct around here, they sure wouldn't go after myself in that way, but if it did happen to me I would probably start talking to her, hah

1|1
    0|0
    • really? see I guess as a female its more funny when a guy does it and it makes me less likely to talk to him.

• Well like the guy above me said...guys like getting their ego fed lol

• Probably because many guys are ego-deprived...

• i had a car of girls drive by me the other day like 30mph and yelled out sexy. in situations like that I always feel like they are being sarcastic/making fun of me. I don't know it just seems ridiculous

1|2
    0|0
    • you don't think they meant it? They might have really thought you were hot

• Show All
    • haha I mean whether they meant it or not ill never see them again.

• You probably get that vibe because we run on the premise that girls don't want guys, that they have little desirability. And therefore if she was honking at you, you feel it would be fake.

"A GIRL honking at a GUY? What kind of sorcery is this? Girls are usually offended if THEY get sexual attention, yet here they're giving it away."

• Not gonna lie, if she was hot, I would probably go over and talk to her.

At the very least I would just smile and continue on my business and would take it as a compliment. Now granted it might depends on exactly how she was handling herself. If she was totally obnoxious about it, I might just find it ridiculous, but if she did it in a bit more of a simple matter, I guess I would be more receptive to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would smile/laugh if she honked. If it was multiple girls on foot I would be obnoxious, I would either yell "lemme holla at ya!" back or something like "I have to take a sh*t!" when I walk by. If it was one girl on foot then I would talk to her.

1|0
    0|0
    • hahaha see you would make me talk to you just from that. Its funny and it shows you like to have a good time. good for you

• What would I do?

Nothing

I'd probably appreciate the compliment though to be honest. I feel most guys would. Guys love getting their ego fed.

1|0
    0|0
  • ive had girls honk at me or yell something stupid but that only happens at night when they drive by lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I wave and smile. If they are fishing for a comment out of me, I'll say something to give them a rise. I won't be rude, and I won't say anything that is an insult.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will usally ignore them or smile back, really depends on how thy look which sound shallow. I know I'm not the only one though, lol if its an ugly or old dude hooting at them girls will say "Ew pervert." But f it's an attractive guy calling out the same thing girls will brag about it later or smile as wave. Just the way it goes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow just reread the question ha ha to answer that, it doesn't occur often and usually guys enjoy it very much haha.

• hahaha its ok... I do that all the time too :P you are fine and you have 3 extra points.

• Haha this is funny. My cousin used to use me for that, I was younger of course. She would have me yell out to guys and say "Hey cutie pie!" or "damn babydoll!" I'm so stupid I would do it, because I used to think she was "cool" but it was so lame. And the guys would get all happy, and would say "hey" with huge as smile LOL

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL see my mom used to do that with her friends in college and she said guys loved it and came to them or their car and they would drive away and laugh. They just wanted to see what guys would do.

• lol Yea, they do like it, because my cousin got a bunch of dates because of me.

• if somebody whistled at me, I will be thinking she probably lost her dog and she was calling it? And then I would look around for it.

3|1
    0|0
  • if someone does that once in a while, that sounds cool. Or else I'd think she's a dog catcher or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've actually had this happen to me on campus, where it is about 70% women to my 30%.

I usually come up with a snarky remark in return if I have somewhere to be, or I might chat with them if I have time.

You need to realize guys don't get nearly the same amount of this type of attention, so most guys would get excited by even the raunchiest behaviors towards them.

Basically, society places women at the top of sexual desirability -in all its advantages and disadvantages-, while it says guys have nothing going for them unless they prove something, and should therefore be happy with whatever attention they get.

So even if the attention is raunchy or shallow, we'll still take it. We're fighting for attention. We don't get enough attention to be able to be picky about what kind of attention it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would look back and smile. maybe go talk to them. I don't get compliments often.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything a girl does from a distance isn't really all that effective. I'd say honking a horn is about equivalent to flipping your hair. To me it's just as annoying and just as ineffective...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure what my exact response would be,

but I can promise you, it would end in "bro".

1|0
    0|0
  • Honks happens to me often when I walk home, but it's night and I assume it's just a**hole guys trying to make you jump. And girls don't have the guts to whistle or holler unless they're drunk on a weekend. Once I was walking into a convenience store and some girl in a truck with a bunch started hollering at me, I asked if I could join their party then the driver sped away. I don't think this works for girls very well. At least guys don't get scared when they do it and someone calls them on it (which never happens), it's nothing but fun.

1|0
    1|0
  • I'd probably assume it was for someone else. If it persisted and I realized it was for me, I'd cautiously smile and wave.

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't happen often, I find it to be flattering

1|0
    0|0
  • It's flattering. I love it lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd assume they are screwing with me haha. Last I checked I'm no Channing Tatum, so I'd be naturally suspicious and likely just ignore it. Plus, even if they were serious, what kind of immature nonsense is that anyway? I'm a human being, walk up to me and start a conversation like a f***ing adult lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes