Is it bad that a girl makes me feel stupid?

Ahem.. Let me explain.

When talking to this girl I am rather interested in, I learn that I feel really stupid about myself whenever I speak to her. Is that really a good or bad thing that a girl is so smart that she makes me feel really dumb, when I believe myself to be smart when I am not around her...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to be more confident. It seems like she just might get you very nervous.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not bad, but not good. She may be very intellectual and you might no be able to compete. So instead listen and learn, admire her intelligence. Don't throw her up on a pedestal and don't act intimidated. Unless she's conceited she will find this flattering.

0|0
    0|0
  • That "could" be a sign that's she's not interested. Happened to me. Conversations were going well with a guy in the beginning. Once he lost interest he would reply to me with condescending replies. I don't think he did it on purpose, I think it's just natural to do that when you don't like someone. If someone really likes you, they wouldn't do that and wouldn't think twice about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It means you have 0 confidence. You should really just talk to her like you would any other human being. Just because you like her doesn't make your approach special in any way. Treating girls like real people is 10x more effective than trying to treat them like anything else. It also let's you breathe, since the pressure is off. Save the "I like you, we should date" lines for after you've found your comfort zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • That either means you're just nervous about what you're saying and how she's going to react

(which is totally normal) or she could be making you feel inferior, which is not okay. You have to find out which for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless she is condescending, take that as a good thing to step your game up. It'll make you smart and confident. But if she's just rude about it, that's no good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is your selfesteem. You just feel like you are afraid to sound dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • examples?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that feeling stupid is good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes