Am I dehydrated? or flushing out everything?

I did have a medium cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts. I just started a diet and I have been drinking a lot of water. I did feel faint an hour ago. I am peeing like crazy, I mean every 30minutes my urine is clear. Am I flushing out everything or something? because this is getting annoying. I am dehydrated? Like what is wrong with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Caffine sometimes can trigger this. It irritates the bladder which results the bladder in virtually dehydrating you by peeing which is actually a way of it decaffinating itself by flushing.

Avoid caffine and stick to natural juices.

In the interim, till you don't get the caffine out of your system, keep drinking water.

0|0
    0|0
    • but I have been drinking a lot of water...so I was just confused

• Then it's OK, it will clear out. If you are drinking a lot of water then it's also natural to pee more. If it's the caffine then it's better avoided or kept to minimal.

It also may be just one of those days like a rainy day where humidity is maximum when one goes to pee more often.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you're drinking excessive amounts of water, it makes sense that you're peeing a lot. And coffee is a diuretic. Still, every half hour is extreme. If it continues or doesn't seem correlated with your water intake, make a doctor's appointment.

1|0
    0|0
  • as the previous poster says but looks like you taking way too much water and it will only stress your urinay system. On the other hand I do not know what type of diet you follow but I hope isn't too restrictive. Water just will not fill you up up and definitely does not replace good nutrition. You have o get your nutrition macros right for a diet

0|0
    0|0
  • Both caffeine and water make you pee a lot, especially if it's in large amounts. A medium cup of coffee (well it really depends from where) is around 500mL and on top of the water that amounts to a lot of pee. It's clear so that means you are not in fact dehydrated. Maybe you feel faint because you're not eating enough? Water is not a meal substitute.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your urine is supposed to come out clear that means it's healthy not foamy or dark yellow. I think it's 6-8 glasses of water a day you are supposed to be drinking. As for the diet limit coffee and stick with tea or water

0|0
    0|0
  • Couple of possible explanations:

1. Coffee is a diuretic which may cause a lot of urination.

2. The excess water is, in fact, "flushing you out."

3. All of the above.

Exercise or sitting in a dry heat sauna might help.

0|0
    0|0
  • what have you eaten today.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about the feeling faint but just wanted to say that when I get a small iced coffee, I'll pee huge amounts like 3 times after I'm done...so I guess it's normal..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes