Are women really insecure? How can you tell?

I mean they don't look insecure...most of them I see look normal and have normal conversations with. So why does everyone say women are very insecure? How can you tell if they are or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• We can be insecure about different things. Personally, I am totally at ease with my personality, but I'm a little body-conscious (not that I actually show it). It's not like I hate myself, but I try to never let anyone see me in my underwear, and I don't wear bikinis.

I guess as much as I'd like to be 100% comfortable in my own skin, there's still a corner of my brain that tells me I'll never be as hot as all those beautiful actresses and models all the guys go crazy for. And yeah, I know about photoshop and airbrushing and blah blah blah, but even without all those tools, I still feel like they're more attractive than I am.

Most of the time, you can't tell.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Most girls are insecure about everything mostly teens but you can't really tell what a girl is insecure about the girl unless you guys are close & she tells you!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you can't really tell unless a girl is comfortable enough around you. Most girls are insecure about their bodies, weight, looks, etc but we usually keep that stuff to ourselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no real way to pick insecure girls out in the crowd but I mean there's also the pretend insecure girls. I know a girl who complains about her looks all the time but posts selfies on her Facebook every day, so clearly she doesn't dislike her looks. She's a pretend insecure girl, fishing for compliments. Then there are the girls who throw the casual sly comment in there about their looks, 'Hahaha, when people ask me why I wear so much makeup I tell them it takes some crazy effort to cover up the ugly that is my face." Could either be the pretend insecure girl or really someone insecure who just plays it off as a joke. As for me, I'm a bit insecure but I pretend to be uber confident and people believe me so the cockiest girls could be the most insecure. QED: Who the hell knows, I'm a girl and I don't even know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am insecure sometimes. For the most part I am pretty confident and have a clear goal in life. But MOST guys don't understand that what they say to women can seriously hurt them. Yeah, obviously if you call a girl fat/ugly she will never forget it but one time I was wearing this plain t-shirt and this guy said 'thats an interesting outfit' in like a really weird way and now I can never wear that shirt again. its stupid but whenever I see it I think of that mean thing he said. so like small things can hurt a girls confidence like if you're constantly making fun of her. And you can tell by if you mess with her, how she responds if she shrugs it off and just laughs and goes along with it she probably isnt. But if she doesn't think its funny or doesn't talk to you she's probably taken what you said literally and is a bit more insecure now.

0|0
    0|0
  • most girls are. sometimes you can tell by closely examining their actions

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes