What Is A Lady To You?

To me, when I think of a lady, I think of grace, very well executed and practiced manners, and a woman who can win an argument without yelling a single word, but just by simply stating her argument in a cool, polite voice.

No, I don't mean a debate, I mean an actual argument you would have with family, friends, strangers, ect...

But me, I want to be a fireman, I do try my best to be respectful, I love dressing up as much as the next gal, believe me, dresses are one of my favorite things, but I like guns, knives, I desperately want to learn archery.

I have a very, very dirty sense of humor when I want to, I love telling sexist jokes, and I usually say what's on my mind, unfortunately. I know what tactfulness is but it seems like I don't always know when to use it. I'm a very blunt and straightforward person, I like to get straight to the point.

Yet, I want to grow up and learn to be a bit more mature. I know this is something that comes with time, but it only comes with time if you are practicing it.

I'm not sure exactly what I need to be practicing. I can't be a lady all the time, not with my career choices, I have to be able to tell someone to get back, get out of the way and be I have to be tough. But I won't be doing that all the time.

I read that part of being a lady is being well rounded. I have an intense desire to learn many languages, learn calligraphy, do some MMA training just for fun, ride horses, help people, give gifts just because, be a good friend and much much more.

I have an intense desire to learn, so what does it take to be a Lady when it calls for it? What kind of small gestures should you be doing and practicing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a lady is an overall sense of class that is more than skin-deep. I.e. you act classy and take the high road as opposed to let stupid arguments and acts of others drag you down to their level.

It takes a mother load of confidence and inner calm as it involves leaving a lot of lesser people to believe they have "won" something - whereas you worry about the big picture.

You're a lady not for someone else to notice that and say that about you, but because that is who you are and for you there'd be no other way - you pick between a lady and a pretentious / conniving pig and you stay that course, basically.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Being polite and courteous, the female version of a Mentlegen really, respectful and grateful and very charming :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminine, intelligent, sophisticated, and elegant is a good start. It's all about that energy. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a lady is more about inner calmness and poise than balancing books on your head.

nothing in your question has anything to do with being a Lady. Except maybe telling dirty jokes, and even then if you see that "there's a time and place for that" then you're okay.

this is a quote about being a gentleman in business but it pertains to ladylike behavior as well

"A man who never loses poise is never ridiculous (at least in his own mind) and a man who never feels ridiculous can never be made to lose his dignity"

Same thing for being a lady

0|0
    0|0
  • an illusion

0|0
    0|0
  • a lady is someone who acts dignified when she needs to, carries herself well, overall seems classy and well mannered, and is mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think of sexist standards for women and archaic rituals and old European society, personally.

I'm a woman, not a lady. I'm also a feminist though so that may be why.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes