Do you care about politics?

Why or why not? Do you think it is important for young people to express interest in politics?

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like I should, but I really don't. I think I probably would more if I were American as issues like gay marriage and abortion (which ironically neither directly affect me) which I feel very strongly about are still being debated. In Canada they're more or less non issues.

There still are issues up here that I care about: economy, government spending, health care, etc. But for the most part I don't have answers to them. I usually try to read up on the major parties, leaders, and local representatives, and I do try to vote. But it really doesn't interest me, and I find it often a chore.

I feel I should care a lot more, but I really don't, I'm quite cynical towards it. That's as far as government elections are concerned. With regards to political science, I have almost no time for.

• "In Canada they're more or less non issues." And look how well canada is doing right now. One of the most fiscally sound countries in the world. Because they don't waste time on stupid sh*t like this that really doesn't matter and will never change anyway.

• I understand the cynicysm too...less idealistic now...seems like Canada's doing well in the healthcare arena... =)