Are thigh gaps healthy?

Is having a thigh gap healthy? Does it indicate that you're under weight? If you don't have one, does it mean you're fat? Do you think thigh gaps are ugly, or attractive. Please share your opinion with me, I'd really like to know what others think of them. a lot of my friends have naturally skinny legs, thus they have thigh gaps. But I've got soccer/runner legs, so I've got built/fat thighs, and muscly fat calves. Can anyone tell me how I can work to thin/ tone down my legs. Even if not to get a thigh gap, but to make them less bulky.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh please. It has to do with the size of your legs compared to the size of your hips. Some girls have wide hips and skinny legs, this the gap. Some have narrow hips and skinny legs, no gap. Some have wide hips and wide legs, no gap, Some have narrow hips and wide legs...no gap.

It's a body type. You can't really change your body type too much.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well they can be yes... but girls that don't have them can be too.

I suspect that most athletic girls don't have them, particularly if they play anytime or running or swimming sport. Regarding toning your legs, typically that is running, cycling or elliptical.

I don't know what your legs look like, but I suspect you have nothing to be worried about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely healthy, women naturally should have thicker thighs then guys. It's feminine and attractive , girls with thighs too skinny in studies show they have a higher link to heart disease and quite a few diseases

0|0
    0|0
    • Women genetically have thicker thighs because stick legs are not ideal for supporting a baby...

• On some girls yes, on some girls no.

If they are naturally slim and have average to wide hips, probably yes. If they have narrow hips or are naturally more solid, then probably no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Imo a thigh gap doesn't automatically mean "too skinny".

If you genetically have wider hips and more slender legs...then a gap is natural at a healthy weight.

It's genetics more than anything else.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know a girl who was medium size with a thigh gap.

I think it all has to do with how the person is built.

I don't really think anything of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thigh gaps are healthy on the right bodies. If you're just aiming to be less bulky, you can try The Tracy Anderson Method. It's not going to give you a thigh gap if you're not built for it, but the method does keep you looking more toned as opposed to muscular.

There is controversy around Tracy Anderson and her ideas. Her method comes off like a fad. But regardless whether you like her or not, the exercises give good results. You should check her out on YouTube or look into her DVDs. And of course, check with your doctor first.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are neither healthy or unhealthy. They are simply genetic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like skinny thighs so gap is not attractive to me :)

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're born with one, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • too much of a gap looks sickly and gross IMO

0|0
    0|1
  • You can't really tell based on that alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes