Periodic table. I need help memorizing it. :(

Can anyone offer advice? I have to memorize periods 1-4. Their symbols, names, and atomic numbers. All suggestions are appreciated.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my chem teacher in high school made us memorize the first 20 with the story:

(H)(He)(Li) (Be)(B)(C)(N)(O)(F) has a girlfriend (Ni)(Na) (Mg)(Al) who (Si)(P)(S) (Cl)horine (Ar)nd (K)oughs (Ca)lcium.

That made it really easy to remember plus 17 (Chlorine) and 20 (Calcium) in the story so you are guaranteed to get at least two if you can remember it. At best, you get the atomic numbers and symbols in order you just have to remember which elements go with which symbols, and that's not too difficult since most of the symbols are the first letter of the element. I never had to memorize past that point so I don't know how to help you with the rest of it but at least its a start. 6 years later I still remember that story...

• You've inspired me, I was able to create a solution with your example. Thank you sweetie!

• Its just a name...it's a little easier to explain verbally but unfortunately its stuck to text-based communication on here. Its pronounced like Eli Bebcnof...

• Lol I understand. It seems to be a popular model, perhaps I can find it on YT. Thanks again