Why do humans seem so different?

kind of weird question but I was thinking bout this all the time lately. why are humans seem like we are so different from other animals? look around at the world; animals build nests or dens but humans build cities and skyscrapers. we manipulate the fire and waters, make technology, even try to control atoms and nuclear energy. we are so advanced compared to other living things. I wonder why? why humans are so complex with how we think, live, and even emotions like love and pride? why didn't any other animals go as advanced in evolution? it makes no sense its like we don't really belong here or something? the only animals that have no purpose in nature like all others that help keep the planet alive. we are just here but we don't seem to belong.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the others like us died off due to competition. Neanderthal ring a bell? We coexisted with them. But we thrived and they couldn't keep up so they went extinct. Anything that was of similar or relatively close intelligence was competition, so we probably either killed it off or simply starved it out due to a domination of resources.

• why is intelligence only localized to humans? several other organisms share adaptations like speed or strength or whatever, but only humans have this trait of intelligence.

• Humbling? Eh, I don't know if humbling is the word I'd use. We actively destroyed everything in our path. But if you mean humbling in the sense we aren't all that special, then sure.

• I mean humbling as far as us being the one's who developed that trait in order to beat the others of our genus and not dye out...