Girls buying guys a drink?

Is it true most of the time if a girl buys you a drink at a bar, then she is interested in you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably her purse was weighed down with all that money so she was looking to randomly spend some.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do guys buy drinks for girls they aren't interested in? It's the same thing.

2|2
    0|0
    • I see your point.

• haha I have once bought a girl a drink that I wasn't interested in, then I was like why the f*** did I do that? straight after haha

• Not necessarily. I once bought a guy a drink because he was Navy and about to be deployed, so he was having a last night on the town before he left. I wasn't particularly attracted to him, but I figured it was the least I could do. I've also bought drinks for male friends, and once for the bachelor at a bachelor party. Technically, in that case, I *was* hitting on someone, but it was the best man. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Two things that will never happen in my lifetime:

1) A girl buys me a drink as an approach and/or insists on paying for dinner(splitting the bill doesn't even come f***ing close).

2) A girl proposing to me.

Sexism cuts both ways.

0|0
    1|0
  • it depends on who and when if your on a date she may just be polite and returning the gensture

and if your out with friends the same

but if its in a club or someone you don't know then its a ways of showing you they like u

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah why waste a drink on someone you don't like or want? lol

2|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't buy a guy a drink if I wasn't interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seeing as girls almost always never do that, I'd say she would probably be interested in you if she did do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely, unless she owes you because you beat her in a game of pool lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, but some girls don't think that. It just depends on what she's interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • or she could be an assassin trying to poison you. never know with these hoes

0|0
    1|0
  • Not for me, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was a guy I just met at a bar, I'd only offer to buy a drink if I was interested/thought he was attractive. I have yet to have the lady balls to do so, but I've definitely thought about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's exactly what it means.

0|0
    0|0
  • id guess so cause why else would they buy you a drink

0|0
    0|0
  • I've actually never seen a girl buy a guy a drink unless she knows him already. It's just not done where I'm from. I've bought a guy a drink on a couple of occasions, but those guys were friends and so I didn't want them constantly treating me to drinks. I'd never buy a drink for a stranger the way guys do.

The way guys offer to buy drinks for girls is very cavalier and still seems indistinguishably standard -- just another mixed signal. What I mean is that guys here will walk up to a new person and chat him/her up for a bit, then ask the bartender to grab a round on him. I presume that he's doing this to be friendly. Only when you're one-on-one and the guy gets you a drink would it be considered potentially flirtatious. At that point he's clearly investing his time and resources on the one girl he's with.

Around here if a girl wants to be flirtatious, she may offer to share a taste of her drink with a guy or let him know what her favorite drink is and ask if he wants one -- but in most cases, the guy orders it for himself and offers to pay for the drinks. That's just been my experience (not that I haven't OFFERED to pay, but that the guy usually acts very affronted if I do, so I have to just thank him and let it go.)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes