How am I intimidating?

I train undergraduates at a university. One in particular seemed very nervous and a coworker commented that I can be intimidating.

I am pretty soft spoken and easy going. Although I am tall?

Any guesses how I could come across as intimidating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guess it's just one's personality. tall, confident, good command over your language andsubject, in a good position, assertive, commanding, know your subject - is that you? Well then you will be intimidating to lesser mortals and insecure people :)

I am, so I know :D

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The devil is in the details. Eye contact, body language, posture, facial expressions. These things are what make you welcoming or intimidating, more so than the way you talk or how tall you are. Try analyzing your own body expressions sometime. It might give you some better insight.

1|0
    0|0
    • That is a good point about body language. I don't want to intimidate anyone, so I will pay attention.

• If you are tall, you are probably thin and fit. That means you are HOT, and if you are HOT, you are intimidating to the male species.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not saying that I am hot, but now that I think of it I don't seem to be intimidating to female undergraduates. So it is probably a guy thing. And it was a male coworker who mentioned I can be intimidating as well.

• I think it is the attractive person curse. I have been told by female friends that I am very intimidating to females.

• Well, if that is the case there is nothing I can do about it and I'm not going to worry about it :) I should have asked my coworker to clarify how exactly I am intimidating...but I suppose that would have intimidated him :)

• Who cares? Find a guy who doesn't find you intimidating. They are out there. With the right guy, he will point out any time you do something that is perceived as too pushy.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe your have huge juggs?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes