Is it wrong that I like "dressing up?"

Hi,

I've been with my boyfriend over a year now and I still feel the need to "get ready," (e.g., hair, some make up, etc.) when we're together. The only time I'm not dressed up is when we run together.

He says that I'm beautiful with or without the enhancements, but I do it because I believe a woman should have a little mystery and strive to look her best--even if you're just going to the grocery store.

Is this an antiqued rationale?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all -- I see it as a lost art.

With the influx of ugg boots and yoga pants, it seems that many women have given up on "dressing up" and this guy for certain still appreciates it!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah. I do notice here in the US there's lot of resentment to people especially towards women, who dress up. My wife likes to wear very stylish clothes and since her cousin owns several luxury accessory retail stores in her home country, she gets them at a good discount. But a lot of people look at her like she's a snob or elitist lol.

But my wife don't care what they think, she likes to look glamorous when she goes out. So neither should you, dress the way you feel and let the world wonder.

2|0
    0|0
  • I love dressing up too but I'm too lazy to do it all the time

There is nothing wrong with it.looking good gives you an extra bounce to your step.I wish Americans in general would step their collective swags up and stop leaving the house looking like they rolled out of bed

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing's wrong with that if you like to look good.The only thing bad I hear about that is that guys prefer average looking girls than high maintance looking but since you're not dating and have a boyfriend I don't think you'll have that problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, It sounds like we dress alike. I always like looking great and dress down for workouts and hobbies but change back to myself. Heels,hosiery,skirts and make up. My Boyfriend also tells me I look great without it but believe to that a woman should look like a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it is no wrong. It is what you like so their is not wrong with it. Some people like to dress up and some do not.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but constant styling can damage hair

1|0
    0|0
  • No but minimal make up is all you need

1|0
    0|0
  • no...nothing wrong with liking to look good, I am just like that.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes