Are the Yankees going to make it?

Thoughts? Are the Yankees going to make it to the world series?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• No, unfortunately they're already eliminated. They need to make some serious roster changes in the upcoming off season to get back to the Yankees of old (late 90's). It's not all arod's fault either like I'm sure some people are saying but arod, swish, cano, granderson, Chavez all didn't hit. I honestly felt that since neither arod nor Chavez were hitting with success they shoulda just left arod in there but they didn't. No doubt there may be an attempt to trade him but I wouldn't cause I can't see a trade happening unless you eat 80-85 mil plus take some dead weight contract and I'd rather not pay that much cash for him to play for another team. I understand the whole 5 years 100+ mil left but let's not pay him to play elsewhere and get another player here, just add the player and leave him on the roster here. Plus he has a no trade clause in the deal so I don't think you can move him unless it's to la. Look when it was 4-5 guys going into a slump at once. You need youth sure but I say let swish go, trade arod only if you don't have to eat over 60 mil of the deal, keep cano and Tex, granderson the verdict is still out on in the sense of keep him unless you can get a better younger player, I would still look at improving pitching. As far as Ichiro the man can still play but get a younger improvement if you can otherwise Ichiro is still Ichiro and he was hitting. You gotta keep Jeter and mo cause you know both can come through in the clutch plus you can't let two living legends be on any other team. For Martin I say keep him also he is a good catcher with a good relationship with the pitchers. I'd look to get younger at third cause even if I keep arod I want a younger really good player there to start, get someone young but who can hit in the clutch to replace swish, try to get more young talent in general cause the age did show itself at times. Cashman's got some work to do this off season.