Is it possible to be 50-150lbs overweight and be healthy?

Do you think it's possible for a person, particularly a woman, who is not muscular or athletic, to be anywhere from 50lbs-150lbs overweight for their height and frame and be healthy?

Do you think its malarky when someone that overweight claims to eat healthy and exercise

722

Most Helpful Guy

• Weight doesn't account for muscle. Now you've said 'not muscular' - clearly someone can be heavy and healthy.

But you're saying not muscular, and overweight.

I'm going to say 150 lbs, no chance.

50 lbs, maybe, if she's pear shaped.

Very few overweight people have good cardiovascular health, but some do.

But belly fat in and around the internal organs is bad. So men, apple shaped women with a lot of fat around those organs, its going to cause problems. Pear shaped women can get away with a little more fat on thighs/ass without the fat itself causing negative health impacts.

There's also going to be increased strain on joints and heart as the godfather noted.

For men, the fat will also significantly depress testosterone levels.

This is all based on the theoretical 'fat but truly cardiovascular-fit' person. They exist, but a huge portion of people on the internet claim to fall into this category. Some are telling the truth, most are dreaming.