Is there a minnie for every mickey? A daisy for every donald?

What I mean to say is, do you believe in soul mates? I'm waiting to find mine because I do.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe that everyone has one soul mate. I believe that there are a multitude of people who could be great potential spouses for everyone. I think this because it's highly unlikely that if everyone had one soul mate and one only, they would even ever be in the same city as their soul mate, much less meet, date, and marry them.

0|1
    0|0
    • red smartie, you know there is a mickey out there for you :-)

• Show All
    • Yes, in fact I am.

• it's because your minnie mouse avatar is very cute, makes me smile whenever I see it :-)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. It's actually a ridiculous notion. The earth would literally have to be populated with an equal amount of men and women, and that is not so.

www.genderdebate.com explains that, "the natural “sex ratio at birth” is 105. This means that at birth, there are 105 males for every 100 females . Nature provides that the number of baby boys slightly outrage the number of baby girls because men have a higher risk at dying than women. This is true for every age and particularly for early years in life (Gompertz law of mortality)." And some countries take it upon themselves to control the population causing the numbers to skew the other way.

This puts the whole notion that there is someone for everyone completely out the window.

I actually think the idea of soul mates is a sad one. What if your soul mate is living in some remote country out in the boondocks somewhere? How do you get to him or her? You'd have to believe that destiny will get you guys together some way some how. Where is the power in that? That is a scary notion to me as I believe in life, you have to make things happen for yourself. Those who go out and get are the ones who receive and I believe love operates in the same way.

Love can happen between any two people who choose it to be. The reality is, we are not all born knowing how to love...some of us didn't grow up in an environment that shows us how to do it or receive it, so just because we meet someone who might be a great potential mate doesn't mean we are "ready" or primed to cultivate any kind of lasting bond. So we move on blaming the reasons it didn't work out on superficial crap that really has no bearing.

The idea of a soul mate is a romantic one, but it is also limiting. Some people will always be able to find someone who is great while others will spend a lifetime flapping around going from one bad situation to the next or searching for fools goal. Even if everyone on the planet were paired up, some poor souls would be left standing there by themselves, unless polygamy becomes the standard and most of us are stuck in the love matrix anyway (just going through motions without a clue)

One minnie for every mickey? I think not.

0|1
    0|0
    • You may think I'm a hopeless romantic but I think that you are the one who is disillusioned, not me, through your cynicism. You just haven't met your soul mate yet.

• Show All
    • No prob. Reading back the comment, perhaps I see there was a bit of cynicism in there. I can see where I may have gone off track, but ya, I try to never judge. If I don't know your story, it's hard to make assumptions based on what I see, because I know I'll be dead wrong. People judge, if only because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Great question none-the-less. I like when I can exercise my pseudo-intellectual crap.

• I like pseudo-intellectual crap, I'll chew the fat with you anytime and I appreciate the compliment on my question.

• a bonnie for every clyde. I do believe in soul mates, but not sure if its just something we believe in cause we want our "...and-they-got-married-and-lived-happily-ever-after" ending or if it is an actual thing. I do highly doubt it though, cause there is so many that go through life alone or have really bad partners. But it still is a nice thought

0|2
    0|0
    • I think that there is someone out there who can balance us out perfectly, think about it ... there are 7 billion people out there, the odds are greatly in our favor that they exist. However, as you pointed it, many people have really bad partners. Which means that soul mates are really, really hard to find. It would be nice to devise a way for them to find each other -- first step though is knowing yourself well enough to know what you are looking for in a soul mate.

• not really sure I can can be balanced out at all :P

• So, no love for Goofy? That is just messed up, don't you just hate Disney for never giving Goofy the love of his life, they gave him a son that magically appeared instead. Bastards

0|2
    0|0
    • never really thought about it! :D

• i do think about it and it's annoying me, he's my favorite Disney character. I'm just blowing off some steam

• I do believe in soulmates, but I don't believe that there is only one person out there for each of us, and I don't believe soulmates necessarily always end up together in the end.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not mathematically possible, or even feasible for every single person to have someone out their made specifically for them. If you don't activiely search for a person who is right for you, you are the only one to blame if you end up alone... and things like this, in my opinion, are used by people as an excuse to keep waiting instead of trying.

0|0
    0|0
    • it's your life you're talking about, you're not going to share it with just anyone are you?

• Nope, I'm going to go out and find somebody that I think is good for me, instead of waiting around any longer.

• "Nope, I'm going to go out and find somebody that I think is good for me"

...like your soul mate! I'm not advocating sitting around and expecting things to come to you, quite the opposite. if you want it to happen you need to look hard, but I'm saying don't settle for just anyone because you just gotta be in a relationship.

there is nothing wrong with passing on the appetizers to save more space for the main meal

• I believe in soul mates, like you I haven't found mine either

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe in soul mates. I believe that if you live in New York you will find someone you love in New York, but if you were to move to Germany, you'd find someone you love there too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. I believe God has an extra special someone he has prepared for me:)

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess. I believe in if it was meant to be, it will be. I also think there like a 1st 2nd and 3rd for everyone. As in 1st your soul mate 2nd near perfect and 3rd good enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but I don't believe they necessarily can be together. I don't think they cannot truly escape each other though, because they will repeatedly be in each others' life in some form.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Don't think they can"

• Show All
    • Yes, I think I have found it actually. We just aren't meant to be together. We are drawn into each others' lives after sometimes shorter sometimes longer amounts of time. Have been for about 15 years now. The odds are always against us talking since we are from nowhere near each other. Just lived close for a couple of years at the midpoint.

• I'm sorry and hope I didn't spoil a romantic notion for you. You do typically care for the soulmate, but you may not be compatible romantically.

• I do to an extent. I think I have already dated my soul mate but the timing was off. I do think there isa lid for eevery pot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please. You look like the type of guy that gets all sorts of women but you are so darn picky and you want your ego stroked that you are still single because you don't know what you want. You look like the type of guy that leads a girl on and then dumps her because you might think that you are the bees knees of the guy world. Then when you aren't satisfied, you come on here looking for sympathy...

Face it, you don't look like the type that would have a problem with women. Unless you were interested in hardcore lesbians.

0|0
    0|0
    • well looks can be deceiving, I've never been with a girl, I'm saving myself for my soulmate

• Spare me with the picky talk. Women are way more picky in partners. You vary in what you like more so than men.

• I do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but there's a for every dried up reed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. I always used to think that was complete crap until I met my guy. It's this weird, unexplainable connection and closeness we have that makes me feel like we were meant to be together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has a soul mate. Whether that person ends up being the one you marry is another story. They could be your best friend of the opposite gender or they could just be your best friend. Or you could never meet them. But yes, I do believe they're out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't believe there is only one person out there for me in the world, no. but in a good relationship the person will feel like your other half.

0|0
    0|0
  • For everyone else yeah.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes