WTF, do women play hard to get with many guys?

I notice that women play up with many men and play hard to get. Why is this so?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, sometimes they're actually not interested and guys think they're playing hard to get when they actually are hard to get.

Other times, it's society's fault. There is a lot of negative social stigma for a woman who pursues or who agrees too willingly, so they play hard to get to maintain their dignity, so to speak,

There's also the possibility that women play hard to get to see if the guy thinks they are worth the chase. If the guy gives up and moves on, the woman knows he was not worthwhile.

But of course it depends on the situation.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There are many reasons why, not like to do it, but here is why some like to do it:

1) Because they are lazy and they don't like to do the dirty work. By letting guys do the approaching, seducing and etc, they don't have to worry about looking stupid, desperate and etc, which unfortunatelly we often do,

2) Because she is manipulative and controlling. Women that do this are women that want things to go their way, and they don't want guys to dictate how to go about. Basically they want the guy to be their puppy.

3) It is fun to them. To most of us this is pretty annoying, but to them is like living their soap opera, where she is the princess and we are the idiots trying to make her fall for us through all the struggles and embarrasments.

4) Because women are also paranoid: This applies to prettry much every woman out there. For some reason women get the idea that we are only animals looking for sex and have no feelings or mind of our own...That we are only impulsed by our primitive instincts when it comes to women, that is only sex. Since they want more than that, they use hard to get I guess to "weed out" the "primates". Unfortunatelly this is far from the truth and also players now what they are doing and they will get there no matter how hard the girl plays.

5) They have somehow this dumb misconception that women that go after what they want are desperate and creepy...Yeah but when it comes to work, school and etc, they do want to be like men or more than men...DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH?

There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for you and not looking easy either. That doesn't mean however that you should restort to be an ice queen, which must women do. Putting some effort from her part is also a very desirable trait. There is a big difference been desperate and creepy and going after what you want.

0|0
    1|0
  • The dating game.

Stereo-typically, many times when women go after something they want they get pegged as being desperate. So many of those women have gone to the other extreme. Playing hard to get is usually a way of encouraging the man to pursue her. If a man chooses not to pursue her, he's not interested enough in her and isn't worth her time. If the man does choose to pursue her, he's definitely interested. It's a way of weeding certain one's out and avoiding rejection.

0|0
    0|0
    • God damn yall are so confusing

• Just FYI, Not all women are like this though. It's called the dating game because both men and women play their own games for the same reasons I'm sure. (Not all, just those who choose to play it) :)

• Women who do this are typically extremely insecure in one form or another. It's a huge turn off for me, especially after having my emotions toyed around with in the past.

My advice to guys who are dealing with women like this: get out. Find a girl who knows what she wants. If what she wants is what you want, you'll be much happier.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because women only THINK that men assume they're easy if they don't play hard to get. They are all sadly mistaken. Guys actually hate it when they play hard to get. It just adds more pressure on us when the pressure of making the first move is already squarely on a guys shoulder. When chicks play hard to get with me I just discard them. Those are hoops I don't need to jump through. I'll find a girl who's more sensible and appreciative.

0|0
    0|0
  • They either...

1. have attention issues and they feel desirable

2. They are self absorbed and inconsiderate of his feelings

3. they're uneducated and think that guys like chasing them around

0|2
    0|0
  • Beecause it's what every woman and girl gets told they should do. No man wants a woman who acts like a man and goes after what they want and other bs like that

2|0
    0|0
    • Word, men get bored if you're TOO straightforward, esp. early on.

• I want a girl who goes after what she wants. It means she has her head on straight and gets what she enjoys, not settles for anything less.

• Wow, that's AWFUL advice. I would love for a woman to be straightforward. If she goes after me, then I know she's interested. Mind games blow.

• They are looking for the highest bidder, that's all. Most women these days are prety venal in the dating game.

0|0
    0|0
  • for the same reason many (but not all) guys do.

people like a challenge. I mean, if steroids weren't necessary would base ball players use them? same thing here. if games didn't get us anywhere, would anyone use them?

both men and women will SAY they hate games, but deep down, it makes them take a second to appreciate they would have taken for granted.

dating isn't just signing a contract when you first meet. there are so many subtle steps to flirting and dating, and your ability to keep your composure through all of it will prevail.

0|0
    0|0
  • well, this is not including me but they do because its better than being labeled easy

0|0
    1|0
  • because they are woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this guy who kept on chasing me because he thought I liked him..For sure he thought I was playing hard to get but the reason why I kept my distance away from him was that I simply did not want to be in a relationship at that time (due to past relationship issues). During that period, I just wanted to be single. In conclusion, not all girls play that silly game.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys like the chase

1|0
    1|5
  • It could be that we've been hurt bad or something, but usually we have someone that we've noticed already and are trying to not be hateful. I typically just play naive if I am not interested in someone.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes