Today I had a panic attack...? Anyone that know about them please help me

I was at work and started having trouble breathing out of nowhere. It felt like my lungs and chest were swollen and I couldn't get a deep breath in. It's happened before but went away with time, well today it got so bad I went to te dr. I thought I might get diagnosed with asthma but they gave me a xanex and took an EKG. The dr. Said I have an arythmia and it's anxiety caused by all the stress I'm under. Well it's about 5 hours later and my lungs and chest still feel tight, is it really anxiety disorder or could it just be asthma or something and I'm anxious because I can't breath right..?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not likely asthma since this would show up in the exam you had. The MD is most likely correct that it's stress related. It sounds like you HAVE been under a lot of stress.

You need to cut loose of whatever situation is causing you stress. Failing that, you need to visit a counselor to see if you can get in a better frame of mind to deal with whatever you are dealing with.

• The majority of what is causing the stress can't just be put away right now...it's a lot of family school and money stress, I'm going to buy a book one the girls suggested and hopefully the techniques can help me. Thank you