At what point do you need mental help?

I have been having personal issues within myself...that makes me just go insane. I obsess over stuff...as of late I can't even control my emotions. The smallest things make me extremely upset. And there is absolutely know one who can understand me. I have tried to be closed off and distant recently just to avoid blowing up on people for no reason...but I think I am insane. I might need happy pills.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• What you need is a cool objective second opinion that you can rave and talk to without emotional stress. Exactly what a good therapist/ sounding board/ coach or even shrink can be. Doesn't matter what or who really as long as they're good listeners, can think straight without emotional involvement and have a gift for setting things into perspective.

If you were going properly psychotic you wouldn't know that this was the case. But you're not, you know what is happening, you can deal with it. And the easisest way is to find a good professional listener.

0|0
    0|0
    • These second opinions are useless and they turn me around in circles. I have talked to many people but they always end up with no answer..so I just don't bother.

• Sometimes it is also useful to listen to what people say, even if you do not initially agree with them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You need help as soon as your mood affects your work, friends, family or even your own happiness. If you don't feel you can control and conquer it then you need someone to help you do it. The fact that you're aware that something is wrong and you've tried anything to fix it means you are not insane and you don't need pills, just help from someone who knows how.

0|0
    0|1
  • Did you go to the doctor yet about possibly being anemic? Anemia can cause mental health issues such as fatigue, dizziness, headaches, difficulty thinking and concentrating... Just a thought, if you're still having issues with the blotchy skin and fainting, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you personally think that you need help, there's no harm whatsoever, and absolutely no shame in talking to a psychiatrist. From what you've said, it seems to me that you may benefit from some "happy pills." Of course, I mean that in the best possible way. I hope you get better!

0|0
    0|0
    • I have talked to a lot of people...but there is never a conclusion. It just gets old and annoying. Its just something I need to be blinded from. Pills could do that.

• When you think you need it it's the time to get help especially if you're the type to do things on your own or deny that you need any help from anyone. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Go see a psychologist if you feel like you can't take it anymore. You know when you've reached your limits mentally wise and when it's time to help yourself. Just don't think "happy pills" will make you happy. There's no such thing as a pill that makes you happy. Unless we're talking psychotic drugs and you won't get that from a psychologist. You can get anti-depressants but they don't make you happy per say. It helps to control hormone imbalances that causes depression if not treated. By drinking your "happy pills" you don't suddenly start to act different or suddenly not obsess over stuff. You'll need therapy to get ride of that. Not pills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Upset how? The "inadequate" kind of upset, or the "don't tread on me" kind of upset?

0|0
    0|0
  • i think that's the main definition of puberty :P your like 17 right?

0|0
    0|0
  • Go see a professional therapist then.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes