At what point do you need mental help?

I have been having personal issues within myself...that makes me just go insane. I obsess over stuff...as of late I can't even control my emotions. The smallest things make me extremely upset. And there is absolutely know one who can understand me. I have tried to be closed off and distant recently just to avoid blowing up on people for no reason...but I think I am insane. I might need happy pills.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• What you need is a cool objective second opinion that you can rave and talk to without emotional stress. Exactly what a good therapist/ sounding board/ coach or even shrink can be. Doesn't matter what or who really as long as they're good listeners, can think straight without emotional involvement and have a gift for setting things into perspective.

If you were going properly psychotic you wouldn't know that this was the case. But you're not, you know what is happening, you can deal with it. And the easisest way is to find a good professional listener.

• These second opinions are useless and they turn me around in circles. I have talked to many people but they always end up with no answer..so I just don't bother.

• Sometimes it is also useful to listen to what people say, even if you do not initially agree with them.