Guys, do you prefer a girl that can take care of herself or one that needs you to save her?

this can be any kind of saving, like if she needs help in a fight, or financial, or needs help dealing with a health thing or just someone to talk too. or would you prefer a girl who didn't need you and could take care of herself? or are you the one who wants to be saved? would you like a girl to save you from whatever it is your dealing with?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely like independence. Codependency sucks, to be blunt. It's nice to be able to do your own thing without always being dragged in to her issues.

That being said of course I would help my woman if she needed it. Unlike some guys who want independent women to the point they would not even save them from drowning, I believe part of being a good partner is looking out for yours and supporting when needed.

Then you have some guys who are so desperate and low self esteem, they need a clingy woman because they fear otherwise if she got self esteem she'd dump them for the loser they are lol.

3|2
    0|0
    • Clingyness does suck. I'm just hoping the guy will kill spiders and fix the car if something is wrong. I' think that is the only time I may want saving is if my car is doing something crazy and I don't know what to do with it (other than take it to a mechanic) lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't want a girl that didn't need me but at the same time I'd like one who doesn't take advantage of me. I met a guy with a wife who has only ever had one job which he worked really hard to get for her and she quit the next day saying "it's too stressful" when all it was was being a cashier at a shoppette. She doesn't even so much as cut the grass while he's at work either.

1|0
    0|0
    • I feel like the reason that happens with some girls is cause they grow up with their daddy spoiling them and they expect to be taken care of their whole lives, my dad didn't play that sh!t when I was growing up so I know if I want something I need to get up and go get it. But I can definitely appreciate a man for helping me and I would want to do whatever I could to help him back out.

• Naturally girls have it easier in this world when it comes to being "taken care of" There are girls out there that complain about how men have it easier in the job/career world and our average salary is higher than theirs etc etc. However I have yet to ever see one homeless woman in my life. They were all men.

• I would prefer her to be able to take care of herself, but I would like to be prepared just in case she does need my help. I definitely want her to need me emotionally though. What's the point in even being with a girl if she doesn't need you in any way what so ever.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer she needs what I provide.

A woman who sees a man that cannot provide will always seek a man that does.

The more insecure the better. Chasing girls who are more well-off than me just doesn't lead to anything good. They have their eyes set on Big Daddy, and Daddy is always Big in the eyes of the beholder. If she's driving a Pinto, she wants a guy rolling in a Toyota Carola. If she's in a Carola, she wants a guy driving a BMW. If she's driving a BMW, she wants a guy driving a Lamborghini.

The perception of "Big Daddy" is relative.

1|0
    2|1
  • I like a girl that knows how to be independent, but still needs a shoulder to lean on. It makes me feel needed.

4|0
    0|0
  • i honestly don't mind having any of the 2, but it would definitely be best having an independent girl who can handle herself..but as a guy I would definitely step up if and when she really needs me =)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care for the whole protector / protectee duo one bit. We are all adults and as such should be self-sufficient. Relationships are a partnership were we help each other to make things easier but not to the point where we become dependent on each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • Independent woman, that allows me to "be the man" in the relationship...is the ideal.

The females that strike this balance perfectly, are usually the most desirable.

3|0
    0|0
  • God, I would love to find a girl who could actually take care of herself and isn't just using men for that purpose.

I don't even know why they do it. They just end up in relationships that they can't escape from without becoming homeless

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol that's crazy, I've never lived with a guy before but if we break up I am not about to be the homeless one. I pay my bills lol

• There are some women who think it's okay to keep some guys waiting on the side in this situation, to make sure they always have somebody to take care of them. It's honestly really f***ed up.

• A little bit of both, I want the moments where she chooses to need me, but can save herself if she was inclined.

3|0
    0|0
  • From my expierence most guys want you to be fairly independent but they still enjoy doing little things for you like opening a jar, helping to lift something heavy, remove spiders ...

0|0
    0|0
  • Why any man wants a perm victim I do not understand. Such a turn off.

I think the answer is (at least for me):

I want a girl who is capable of taking care of herself. But is not afraid to ask for help and appreciate it when she needs it. I want a girl that can help me when I need it. Is that not why we get in relationships? To love and care for another, even when they don't need it, but especially when they do... AND to expect the same when the role is the same?

There have been times in my life where I wanted someone not to SAVE me, but to listen, to share my concern, to be my friend, to be of comfort. I hope I can do the same in return. I don't need anyone to save me, I never have. But do I want someone to be part of the ups and downs... yes.

I hope that makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Financially, I want a women who is independent.

If it's an emotional need, I'd be happy to do whatever I can to take care of it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a girl who is self-sufficient. Makes it even more meaningful when she does in fact need your help.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl that can take care of herself is preferred but as along as she's not trying to take advantage of the dude then it shouldn't matter. Can you check out my question bunnyfrancis? thx

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would like a girl who can take care of herself. Have you heard "Miss Independent"? However, she still has to need you in some small way. Otherwise where does relationship begin?

0|0
    0|0
  • Intellectually, take care of herself.

Emotionally? ...

0|0
    0|0
  • I certainly prefer a girl that can take care of herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • a little bid of both

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl that can take care of herself

0|0
    0|0
  • Needs me to save her? No.

Its hot when she can take of herself. But still needs me for comfort.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes