Why do people keep adding you after you denied them?

why do people keep sending you friend requests even though you deny them over and over again? it happens to me on GAG a lot and other sites, I have some that adds me once a day and I keep denying them and then they add me again, so I have to block them in order to make them stop. what's the deal? are they slow? do they like being denied? or do they think I accidentally deny them every time?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1. Considered changing that picture? I mean putting some other picture other than yours ;-) You are an attractive woman for one and also you have quite a few answers to your credit here, both of which are good enough reason for people wanting to be with you here or elsewhere.

2. I trust those people trying are guys, then it's natural

3. Are they from the USofA or other countries (do you check their profile before you deny them). If they are not then most people like knowing and being friends from people in the USofA

4. Most people hope to get to know you on personal or internet friendship level which is why they do it

5. Stalking you here or on another site may not make that person slow though some could be but certainly not all, it's just that they believe they can't be tracked for stalking someone and nothing serious can come their way. Afterall asking for a friend request is just a 'click'

6. Reason for sending requests inspite of constant and repeated denials also could be their way of showing how keen they are on knowing you.

7. Some of them could be pure admirers who not only like your looks but also the kind of FAQs you post out here and elsewhere. There are people who dig intelligent women (don't know if they can handle them or not but they dig em for sure)

I'd lay emphasis on your considering point one & 7 :)

0|0
    0|0
    • they are from the states, canada, india, tunisia and some other countries. I don't feel like changing the pic right now and I did like you 7th point never thought about that before

• :) I'm sure this discussion too must bring in friend requests lolz

• I'm assuing these are guys lol. If so, then like PrincessPearl says, they are adding you because you are pretty and some guys need the ego boost by having a collection of beautiful young women on their friend list.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are a few users who do that to me.

Minutes after I deny they add, I deny they add again, I deny, they add again etc

They continue for days at a time.

Get a clue retards

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't keep track of requests I make. I friend request when I see a good question or a good answer. I don't remember if I've made requests to the same person if several weeks have passed.

I might be one of the people who you denied more than once. Sorry! Thanks for not blocking me!

0|0
    0|0
    • nah I don't think you are one of them I don't recognize your nick

• I know I've been blocked by others on this site for repeated friend requests!

• I have the same thing too! Sometimes I look at my friendrequests here and I think: hm, I've seen that name already 5 times in this list :/ doesn't he get it?

0|0
    0|0
    • yeserday one dude added me like 10 seconds after I denied him, I denied and I clicked on a category and it said I had one new friend request and it was the one I just denied :/

• Show All
    • Nah, I just keep on clicking deny. I used to block followers though, but now my profile is set on private :)

• Well some people like myself find it extremely annoying when a girl ignores you or denies you for no reason. Especially if it's like a dating site and her profile says something like "looking for a nice guy :(" WELL BITCH MAYBE YOU'D FIND A NICE GUY IF YOU DIDN'T IGNORE THEN NICE GUY TRYING TO TALK TO YOU. Anyway I'm not one of those guys who adds a girl over and over but I can understand where they are coming from. I personally just send them a short rant explaining how annoying it is when girls do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • some people are trolls that are mad cause you want accept their friend request.

1|0
    0|1
  • persistence, they think if they keep trying you'll say yes to get them to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • The answer for all of your questions, is they're 'GUYS'. Duh!

0|0
    0|0
  • you are cruel lol maybe they just want someone nice to talk to

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't blame me...I only tried you once...still wanna be friends though.../:

0|1
    0|0
  • cause your haaaaawt!

1|0
    0|2
  • why would someone want to add you?

1|0
    1|0
  • please add me, this is my 23rd attempt

1|0
    1|1
  • Black them, then they can't add you :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Who doesn't like a challenge?

0|0
    0|1
  • they are despos ...block them

0|0
    0|0
  • Why can't I just put my head in your lap and CRY?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Same reason some girls keep talking to me after I'm a jerk to them on a daily basis. Some of them will even wail if I ignore them. People are weird indeed.

0|0
    0|0
  • What would it take for you to add someone?

0|0
    1|0
    • around my age, a profile pic of themselves is a good start

• Show All
    • haha wow! ^_^ Was it tiny?

• I know exactly what you mean! LOL Stalkers.

1|0
    1|0
  • Do what most girls do and just leave them on your friend request list. That way they won't keep reappearing.

0|0
    0|0
    • but then they start a chat with me and I just ignore it and they keep on writing

• Show All
    • Go to your account, then settings, then scroll down to Privacy Settings. Put a check on Set Profile Private (this will stop IMs from strangers). You can also disable meebo as soon as you log on by clicking your profile pic and using the shut off option (don't remember what it is called).

• thanks, my profile is now private

Recommended myTakes