I feel guilty about shopping at Walmart. What is your opinion?

My professor told me that they have Chinese slaves working for them. I did my research and I believe it too.

But, today I bought 6 toothbrushes for $1.08 .

The dollar store can't even beat that price, because the toothbrushes at walmart are of a higher quality than at the dollar store.

What is your opinion about this.

Also, I have heard that in some small towns, after walmart came in, the small mom and pop shops were closed down because they could not compete with WALMART, the god of all stores.
We should boycott walmart.
Thank you everyone for your input. I wish I could do something about this. But, I can't so therefore I will not worry.

Great answers everyone :)

1019

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have to eat. Shop where you can afford to shop. Someone is always suffering somewhere. No large company is a model or moral cleanliness. They bow to the bottom dollar. They have a legal obligation to share holders to hold profit in the highest regard, so they are going to screw someone over along the line. Unless you plan to fabricate your own tooth brush from supplies foraged from the forest by your own hands, don't sweat it. It's kind of hard to shop anywhere without running those same issues.