Would a guy be hurt at all?

if you were talking to a girl you'd never met for around 6 weeks, every day via internet and phone then one night she's a little low and sleeps with her ex and cries straight after on the phone to you and you tell her what's just happened has just hurt you a bit, would you genuinely be hurt by that ?

111

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, he will be hurt.

If it were me, I'd tell you to go cry to the guy that you're f*cking.

Bad as it sounds, but this is the truth:

-------

a guy that is going to listen to a woman's emotional rants, without having sex with her, is seen as a waste of time on his part.

Think about it...what IS he getting out of this situation? He just realized that you're either untrustworthy, too emotionally broken to be dating, or both.

---------

There is a lot of "social capital" that goes into who you f*ck. Guys do look at a girl and get word of who she was "involved with" sexually in the past/present, and make a judgement of her.

Frankly, if a girl f*cked a bunch of (known in the male community) douchebags, then she's seen as undatable.

• tbh this happened over a year ago (cant get over him) and since last July 2011! he tried to get me to open up and meet up until 2 months ago when he met a new girl so I have learnt to appreciate guys more and its my loss as I have only just realize how decent he was to have put up with it all for so long

• i know, I got so used to him and thought he'd be there forever, every time he asked to meet id go cold or change the subject as I need to work on my confidence...closed clamshell as in hostil and going hot and cold?

• "closed clamshell" = not being "emotionally open", therefore the guy thinks you're not interested or hiding something

At least you learned your lesson; everybody has their threshold. :)