Why are men getting so indifferent to the girls?

Why are men getting so indifferent to the girls? I have been to Russia, and most of young men were trying to give up their seat for me and other women. What's wrong with our guys?!

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Two words: radical feminism link (which is different from mainstream feminism).

Militant radical feminists, particularly in the late 70s through early 90s, loudly denounced men for being chivalrous because they said it belittled women and made them seem like inferior beings who couldn't take care of themselves. They trained women to believe that if a man held a door open for them, that was offensive and demeaning to women, and so were other acts of chivalry, such as giving up a seat on mass transit. link

After several decades of this (and I've personally been attacked by militant feminists a couple of times for holding doors open, which I do for EVERYONE), most men just gave up and didn't bother anymore. If it's not appreciated, people aren't going to do it, and if you're verbally assaulted for doing it, you're REALLY not going to be motivated to be selfless.

But many countries around the world never had a Feminist Movement, so they never had radical, militant feminists teaching people this crap, and so some forms of chivalry live on. In Western countries, it's mostly gone, thanks to a small but loud group of women.

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The market produces what is needed. Russian men are manipulators ask the Russian women.

The men in Russia have a very bad rap. They are seen as being some of the worst. If they gave there seat up for you and others it is only because you may come across as a ticket out of Russia for the guys. In Russia, Cuba, Dominican, Mexico, many American women flood down looking for men for sex and willing to pay for it.

American men are known to be the best men in general on the planet which is true. The men the women meet outside the USA are different men than you the general public meet here in the USA they are the nerdy successful type. Most foreigners meet disciplined military who understand protocol and have drilled into them moral turpitude. A military man represents God and country and the average American male cannot fill the boots.

In the USA the day of finishing schools is just about over. American men were only courteous to obtain women, then God was outlawed. The USA stopped producing young women and Ladies and went straight to females. The market produces what is needed. In the US the man does need to be a man just a guy to get in the pants and heart of the US female.

Think about it.

0|0
    3|2
    • LMAO American men are the best which is true says "American guy"...American men were rated the second to worse lovers internationally, but we are the best!

• After reading the other answers.. gosh - if a woman would insult me because I did her a little favour like opening the door or giving the seat then I'd f***in' push her to the floor - then I won't treat her as "inferior who can't take care of herself" - I'll give her a damn good situation to let her show how can she take her of herself!

God damn...

I'm so lucky that girls here are not like that but just over the same f***in' sea - in Sweden, Denmark and other Nordic countries where feminism is just RAMPANT - I've heard people saying that if you will do a little favour to a Swedish girl she will think you insult her and sometimes she may try to punch you lol...

Some people are f***ed up! Talking about how to repel the opposite gender - well, they succeeded!

But remember - not every girl is like that. Many guys make a grave mistake by approaching unapproachable girls - they f*** themselves up - contrary to the popular belief you don't require courage to ask a girl out, if she doesn't make enough effort to be approachable, if she doesn't make a comfortable company it's not worth to even bother with her - however plenty of girls are approachable and open and they make great dates - you just need to spot them!

1|1
    0|0
    • The same applies to the USA - feminism there is out of control, so it's just not worth to be chivalrous if it won't be appreciated.

• i wonder why feminism(radical or not, It's all the same sh*t) is still not recognized as an extremist movement like wahhabism.

• American feminism has destroyed simple basic chivalrous acts like this.

Why would I give up my seat, AND be viewed negatively as a sexist because "he thinks that I am so weak that I can't even STAND on my own?".

Then IM the one standing, and viewed NEGATIVELY in the eyes of that woman.

1|2
    1|0
  • Feminists have fought for women's rights so that we can be considered equal with men, but those same people still expect to have a seat offered to them and the door held. Now that we're "equal" why would a guy want to do anything like that? Women should be able to do it themselves right?

0|0
    0|0
  • American girls is what's wrong. Maybe if we felt appreciated for things we do, we would be willing to do them more. When I don't get thanked for holding a door, or I'm expected to pay, or whatever it may be- I do less of it.

2|2
    1|0
  • It goes both ways. The American culture is shrill, aloof and just overall douchey. You can notice this on chatroulette or omegle, when you find someone cool it's rarely an American. The girls are prima donnas and the guys are aspiring players, both are self-important and prize aloofness. It's just how the culture is.

2|1
    0|0
  • You all unwittingly became feminists through social norms.

If we offer you a seat its seen as weak or as though we are putting your sex below ours.

Russia is an old fashioned blend of chivalry and misogyny, believe me as a women you are better off in a feminist society where you can be hypergamous.

0|1
    1|0
  • Different expectations I suppose.

In London, you're suppose to yield your seat for either a pregnant or disabled person. It's surprising how few people actually do this - there's even a sign stating priority seatings. Normally they wait for someone else to take notice, in my case I'm the one who does.

I can see how this can go wrong. I once asked a woman if she was pregnant - she was just fat.

Chivalry is not dead, it's dying.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can thank radical feminists for that. Too many guys got the third degree by them for merely holding the door open or giving up their seats.

1|2
    1|1
  • link

Honestly, women in America aren't too lady like nor are most deserving of chivalry. It's one thing to be courteous, which everyone should be; but it's another to be a female and expect special treatment

Maybe you should be asking what's wrong with our women

At my school, it's easy to spot southern guys from the non-southern guys just like it's easy to spot a fraternity man in a strong southern fraternity vs the ones that take Cali and northern guys. The southern guys always open and hold the door and the girls always say thank you.

But most girls and guys aren't like that

1|4
    1|1
  • i honestly believe its because American men/boys are no longer brought up to have respect for women, generally speaking. domestic violence is rising constantly so its pretty clear.

3|1
    0|1
  • That is not what "indifferent" means.

Indifferent; Not caring one way or the other. Not concerned with the outcome.

If you asking why men are acting chivalries towards women it is likely because they were brought up in that manor and wish to uphold the courtesy. It has to do with culture class.

If you were in the middle east you would have to sit on the floor all the time. Even Indian cultures I see that women must follow at least 4 feet behind the men, sit in the back seat or are not taken seriously in any conversation.

1|1
    1|0
  • Lol yeah Russia is where the good men are. Go ahead and marry one and then you will be on here complaining he is an alcoholic.

I've heard the opposite of what you are describing. Women abroad tend to favor American men because they are more considerate than average. For example Italian men flirt by grabbing T&A almost immediately.

Through my personal experience foreign women I've dated have said this. I have no evidence but still, I've heard the opposite of what you are describing, just sayin.

1|0
    1|0
  • in the usa,in the case of males,machismo has replaced courtesy.period

1|0
    1|1
  • Here's my thing - if you're young, healthy, and look like you're in good condition to stand, I don't think anyone should give up their seat for you, regardless of gender. Here's people you should stand for: pregnant women, people with young children, young children themselves (as in, too small to reach the bar/strap), senior citizens, and people with injuries/handicaps. I have given up my seat to men and women in all of the above conditions (with the obvious exception being pregnant; I have yet to see a pregnant man :P), because I am young, healthy, and in good condition to stand.

Chivalrous men have offered me their seats, when I was traveling in Europe, and, yes, even in the US! In NYC! (Right?!) I've never accepted, but I always thought it was a nice gesture. For me, chivalry is the nicest possibly kind of male chauvinism. I won't accept it, because it feels unfair (I get all of the benefits, none of the downsides), but I appreciate their manners and tell them so. :)

1|1
    1|1
    • chivalry is a male's language. it's not chauvinism.

• It most certainly is. The heart of chivalry is kindness and special care to the weak, which includes the entire female gender. While it's by far the nicest kind of sexism, it's still sexism at its core.

• "The heart of chivalry is kindness and special care to the weak, which includes the entire female gender. While it's by far the nicest kind of sexism, it's still sexism at its core."

And therein lies the answer to the QA's question. You and women who think like you do have ruined it for everyone else. Thanks for that.

Yuck!

• I'd imagine the girls in Russia are a lot different to the ones in Western countries.

0|1
    0|0
  • Great question, so true.

0|0
    0|0
  • they're gaywods

0|0
    1|1
  • pfff who cares...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes