Can confessing to someone cause them to gradually like you?

If you confess to someone that you like them and it is unrequited, can they start liking you later? How often does this happen?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It certainly didn't work for me.

BUT, it did actually help me to get over my crush. For some reason, having it out there just helped me move on. Perhaps because it made me realize nothing would ever happen. The constant "do they like ME?" gets annoying. I like to know where I stand with people. They always know where they stand with me :-)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes it can. It does not always work that way, but often times it can. It can also scare them... so if you KNOW it is unrequited then perhaps it is better to just enjoy their friendship, expect nothing in return, and hope that over time they see you for something more.

Best wishes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it increase the chances for them to consider you. People is rule by emotions, if they feel lonely now they know who to call, and once you start things up they may even get attached even if they didn'tt expected it at first.

Basically if they never thought about you in that way, now they will and one thought leads to another, they may be on a good mood as well and just want to do something fun and get things started that way too.

You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend like this. Kind of annoying.

In her situation, she never truly 'likes someone' in my taste. I think she's just infatuated. She won't even like a guy till he tells her he likes her. Then she will agree to just be with him and fall for him that way. She's weak.

People crave warm and love. Some just subcums to it even if it's not emanating from someone she truly likes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never confessed unless I could tell the guy liked me too, but I would certainly consider if a guy I hadn't thought about in that way before told me he liked me. Just because I had overlooked somebody doesn't mean they would be a bad choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. In high school, on my last day of senior year, I confessed casually to a girl that I had a crush on her. All that she said was "Awwww, I like you too", and that was the end of it. She clearly meant she liked me as a friend only, otherwise, we would already be dating. I never saw her again. I'm glad that we did not date, because I later on had a crush on a different girl, who I also had to let go, because she had a boyfriend already.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you tell them, it might happen that they like you. it all depends on how you do it. if you tell them and then you are like total stalker then it will never happen. so just be smooth about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I become more attracted to someone if I know they're attracted to me

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes