Why would he say that?

I was out with guy - he asked. It was kind of a date, but kind of not - more a getting to know you. After dinner, we went to a bar, and were sitting near his friends. I was a little uncomfortable but his friend's girlfriend came over to talk to him and see "how we were doing" and he mentioned that this was his friend's girlfriend but only because "he saw her first" or something like that. And then also because she believes in God, and he doesn't.

Maybe they were joking, maybe not. But does that mean we weren't on a date, or at least getting to know each other better? Why would a guy say that - he wants another guy's girlfriend, or thinks she is so awesome?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It certainly seems awkward. I would think probably what you did, that he at one point of time grew somewhat close to her and then for those differences they didn't get together ( I am thinking perhaps she didn't want to pursue things). It almost seems like he is either a little bitter about or he still likes her.

I might step back from this one if I were you. I am sorry.

0|0
    0|0
  • it sounds like they were joking but with a hint of truth behind it to me? dinner and drinks sounds like a date to me.

Dint think that was the gentleman thing to say around you though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes