Why would he say that?

I was out with guy - he asked. It was kind of a date, but kind of not - more a getting to know you. After dinner, we went to a bar, and were sitting near his friends. I was a little uncomfortable but his friend's girlfriend came over to talk to him and see "how we were doing" and he mentioned that this was his friend's girlfriend but only because "he saw her first" or something like that. And then also because she believes in God, and he doesn't.

Maybe they were joking, maybe not. But does that mean we weren't on a date, or at least getting to know each other better? Why would a guy say that - he wants another guy's girlfriend, or thinks she is so awesome?

11