Anyone else like deep and intelligent conversations?

I really like it when I can sit and have a deep chat with someone, its one of the things I look for in a friend.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we all do..

But it doesn't happen enough.

is it because people are scared of being judged?

Because we are afraid of opening up?

Because people are too concerned with being "cool" and "funny"?

If we pick away the scabs... delve deep within us...

There is no telling the things we can share.. teach.. learn..

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm always up for a deep meaningful conversation and it doesn't matter really who with, in that I don't mind having these sorts of exchanges with either gender. Granted most guys are interested in sports and I'm not, so most of these sorts of conversations occur between myself and women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely do enjoy deep conversations...most people however don't like to delve into topics and deep and analytical as I do, so finding a "intelligent conversation partner" can be difficult.

Ppl on this site can attest to this trait of mine; I tend to make brains melt with how I dissect topics. :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • i LOVE deep and intelligent conversationa...infact I converse with everyone like that..yeah sometimes I know how to be lighthearted and stuff but I do require sense..and meaning..i just don't get along with people who only talk about partying and gossips and think that such deep stuff is uncool! I love intellect, philosophy, humour, psychology and just unravelling and discovering things and debating and emotional stuff too..and etc etc...:p you know what I mean right? :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! It's not like I'd want to have a serious conversation on politics, but someone with no political opinions can scrub my shoes.

Serious conversations gives me a better understanding of the world. It'll be nice not to talk to myself about these things for once.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love these kind of conversations. However, it seems lately I've not been able to find anyone to have them with. People are getting dumber or something...

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them. It doesn't mean I am going to get them :) I'm starting to think that I've probably lost the ability, given how much I need to dumb down on a day to day basis.

1|0
    0|2
    • And here I thought that was just natural... lol. I kid, I kid :P

But really, you shouldn't dumb yourself down one bit, society needs sharp (and open-minded) individuals like you.

• Oh, well thank you :) Maybe dumbing down isn't the best way to put it, but it's important for me to at least try to relate to people on a very human level. That for me, holds more truth and joy than needlessly intellectualising. As long as I keep my integrity. Also, this reminds me of a recent experience where a 50 yo teacher didn't even understand what I meant by 'gloomy'. It seems that apparently, obscure 5 syllable words aren't appropriate in working class pubs :P

• Those thigs are sadly rare in todays world. Might as well join a senior citizens club.

1|1
    0|1
  • That's why I have you guys here! :D

Well actually tbh I don't talk deep on here much haha. But at least I can explore deep things in my own mind, and I have music to help me think about deep things more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do yet its hard to find people who have an interest in having deep intelligent conversations, taking time to use too much of their brain is askign too much nowadays

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, but it needs people who are open-minded,

tolerant, patient, and flexible in talking.

Those are rare unfortunately. ~ ^-^

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, most definitely. I always love being able to have these types of conversations with friends, and if I can have a boyfriend who does the same, that would be amazing. <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I look for this in a friend and especially a boyfriend.

It's a deal breaker if I can't have deep convos

Stuff like this is hard to find. Too many people seem to have other interests

1|0
    0|0
    • Definitely a deal breaker...

• Having those conversation helps you know if he's hubby material or not. Yes their may be differences in opinions, but it's a great way! Hahaha ;)

• I love thoughtful talkings, but it depends on people. Who not caring about me enough might feel bored or some too shallow can't understand why I have to talk about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck yes! It's always more engaging when someone can challenge me to think deeper, and hopefully in doing the same for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a special person to trigger a very philosophical debate for me. I once meet one such person on runescape of all places. Still miss just hanging around and chatting with that guy...

0|0
    0|0
  • I know exactly how you feel! It's something that I really value with my husband. We can talk about everything and anything. It's awesome!

:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely do... more so than most. I'm a pretty big nerd.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I like to be surrounded by people with who I can talk about the bigger stuff with. This is particularly true of the people I "see"

0|0
    0|0
  • I love em, especially when I have a joint in my hand

0|1
    0|1
  • It is cool, it's rare though. People don't like to think nowadays lol

0|0
    0|0
  • yes...of course...it is like nourishment to our neurons

0|0
    0|0
  • i agree with you lol

but maybe you should create an friendship application to weed out the dummys

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, sometimes. it can be nice exercising those neurons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too:)

0|0
    0|0
  • OH YES

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure as long as it's about a subject we both enjoy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, right now I'm listening to joe rogan, probably one of the most interesting and deep talker.

0|0
    0|0
  • yup love them.

0|0
    0|0
    • especially late at night lol

• Yes, but in terms of girls it never gets me anywhere except friend zone. But yes, I love them.

0|0
    1|0
  • yes and in a mate it is important for me as well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes