Girls/woman has anybody had experience with depo provera?

if you have what side effects did you experience...

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I may not be a woman, but I had girlfriends who took it. One thing to look out for is that it seriously screws with your calcium. I hear you can take pills to counteract that, though. It can also potentially kill your sex drive. On the upside you probably won't get your period very often. About once or twice a year, and when it finally comes, it could be light, and short. But this is just what I know from my ex girlfriends. You might wanna ask the doctor about it first, just to be sure. I'm sure whatever side effects you can't get from us, you can get from your doctor. In the meantime, here's some links you can look at. link link link I hope this was of some help.

• did they gain any weight from it?

• Is weight gain the only thing that concerns you? I tell you what I know, and give you links telling you that it can potentially give you abdominal pains, headache, weakness, fatigue, depression, hair loss, skin breakouts, brittle bones, heartburn, a low sex drive, diarrhea, dizziness, hot flashes, and a bunch of other things, and weight gain is the thing that troubles you? Honestly, I said "on the upside" about periods, but really it's a VERY small positive. I don't think that Depo is worth it.

• Seriously though, is the weight gain the only thing you care about?