Is smoking a few cigars a year bad?

So lets say if someone smokes a few (maybe less than 5) cigars a year, biologically speaking will it hurt them in the long run? What are possible effects. Oh, and we are assuming here that the person does not get addicted.
Thanks for the answers everyone, I'm just gunna stick to cigars for holidays, special occasions, and vacations.

76

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I don't know a lot about cigars but my dad smokes them- and he hasn't been seriously sick since before he started smoking them when he was around 20 (he is currently 58) He has no medical problems, his liver and lungs are fine and he's pretty healthy for an old fart and he smokes at least one everyday, so smoking less than 5 a year, I don't think that will hurt you.

• So he has no effects and is a daily smoker, guess it should be alright then.

• pretty much. Cigars aren't bad for you, cigarettes are- those are the ones with over 5000 chemicals in it. Cigars are pretty natural