Is smoking a few cigars a year bad?

So lets say if someone smokes a few (maybe less than 5) cigars a year, biologically speaking will it hurt them in the long run? What are possible effects. Oh, and we are assuming here that the person does not get addicted.
Updates:
Thanks for the answers everyone, I'm just gunna stick to cigars for holidays, special occasions, and vacations.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I don't know a lot about cigars but my dad smokes them- and he hasn't been seriously sick since before he started smoking them when he was around 20 (he is currently 58) He has no medical problems, his liver and lungs are fine and he's pretty healthy for an old fart and he smokes at least one everyday, so smoking less than 5 a year, I don't think that will hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
    • So he has no effects and is a daily smoker, guess it should be alright then.

• pretty much. Cigars aren't bad for you, cigarettes are- those are the ones with over 5000 chemicals in it. Cigars are pretty natural

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not good for you obviously, but the amount you smoke doesn't even matter on a health level

I smoke around 10-15 a year and I'm not even worrying about it

You asked another guy he could recommend, personally: Cohiba's(from Cuba, not the D. Rep. ones)

0|0
    0|1
    • Thanks for answering, I see your from the UK so you might not know, cohibas are illegal due to the embargo with Cuba, sucks I know.

• Oh I completely forgot about that, that sucks:(

• Depends on what type of cigar and how its made.

If your smoking a substance indigenous tribesmen smokes, then it will do no harm to you.

0|0
    0|1
    • Can you recommend any to me? Don't worry about price, I'm willing to pay a more for a better cigar.

• My father died of lung cancer, but he smoked many cigarettes every day.

Personally, I don't see why someone can't smoke a few here and there. If it's just a few, just don't get carried away.

Just don't do too much of a good thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • id say pretty much no affect.

it's better just to not though...i mean, most people I know who are "infrequent smokers" or who "only smoke in this or that situation" usually end up addicted or are just lying to themselves in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Less than 5 a year would have minimal health effects unless started at a young age. You do get some risk of health affects that are associated with smoking, but chances are slimmer.

0|0
    0|0
  • it really wouldn't hurt.

think about it this way.

would going to fast food places like McDonald's 5 times a year hurt you in the long run, if you had a healthy diet otherwise?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not the best thing to do for your body but it most likely won't cause significant long term damage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, my father been smoking cigars and pipes since he was in his early 20s he is now in his 50s no health problems, uncle smoked em both for years back when he was younger, same with my great, great uncle, grandfather all never got any health problems when using them. And I been smoking both pipes and cigars pretty much anywhere from every day to just a couple times a week for about two years now and no health problems, I am not going to say its the best thing in the world for ya, but its not really going to hurt ya any more then to much red meat, exercises or sunshine will. Really just enjoy the cigars and don't sweat about it to much other wise you'll ruin the experience, also I converse with thousands of pipe and cigar smokers most of which smoke daily and are in their 60s, 70s and 80s and none of them have health problems related to smoking.

0|0
    0|0
  • U smoke a single cigar, it's unhealthy. Keeping it minimal means you have minimal health effects. Try not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • i thought you don't inhale cigars? if that is the case then it won't do an damage

0|0
    0|0
    • You don't but there are still things you can get in the mouth, tongue, and jaw for daily smoking.

• Smoking that little won't do anything

0|0
    0|0
  • link

You might be surprised

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes