What does it mean when a girl says "You're not my type"

Hey guys, I wanted to know what it means when a girl says this. For the last year or so, I've been trying to put myself out there on the dating scene but I keep running into a brick wall. The one thing I hear most though is "you're not my type." I decided to see if it had to do with my physical appearance, so I went onto a website where I posted a few pictures of myself and asked women if I was their type, and most said no. I thought it was mostly a personality thing that was associated with the "your not my type" line, but the poll results I did surprised me a bit because I always associated myself as average. Is this line more associated with personality or physical deficiencies?
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I did not expect to get this many. Based on what I've read here though, it seems that one really can't say for certain what a girl means when she says you're not her type. I have no idea if I should be working on looking better or what, but I suppose you can't please all women no matter what you do, haha

2418

Most Helpful Girl

• well that sucks, just keep on looking and you will find someone :)

• That's it tell the poor guy just to keep looking. Then he finds someone falls in love and she dumps him because he's not her type.

• Hey I for one am sick of women and girls like caligirl3 making excuses for why women and girls hate guys. And where does she off calling me an ass? Easy for her to say, I bet she's never been turned down. And save the yes I have bs for someone who cares.

• for your onfo I never once made and excuse for the woman that turned him down, I just don't think he should throw in the towel and give up. Girls can be cruel and so can guys. And I called you an ass cause I thought your comment was mean to the question asker, it sounded like you said all girls will say he is not her type so he mind as well stop trying.