What is your opinion of holistic medicine?

Holistic medicine may include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, chakra balancing, quantum touch... yeah that stuff.
link baaahahahahhahaha

1017

Most Helpful Girl

• Its been proven to not work or have any effect on medical problems. It is pure placebo.

Where it gets dangerous is when people pursue this type of medicine instead of modern things at the risk of their lives. Some say "what's the harm" if its just the placebo and they think it is working, because they feel good and happy.

My answer to that is- because it isn't working, and sooner or later that person is going to have to come to terms with their disease agine.

I think they may offer peace of mind in addition to modern medicine but they should not replace modern medicine.

• i don't know why you got the down votes but I completly agree with you. it wastes precious time when the disease could be getting worse and it costs a bundle of unessesary money that you need to pay. I wish people would use reasoning rather than geting caught up in the mysticism and the bullsh*t that these things are feeding people!

• Thank you :)

• It's not so much the scepticism, but the haughty, dismissive, Western-centric attitude. Incidentally, I don't blame people for looking at these practices with raised eyebrows, tarring with the same brush: I'm sure many are indeed nonsense. On the other hand, the East has rich cultures spanning back millennia, and I can personally vouch for the fact that they have something of value to teach. :) They are wholly misunderstood.